Thread: Frequent Antivirus warning on System Files

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I've already got reply from MBAM Forum to have system restore files deleted prior thorough scanning by AntiVirus software and MBAM as well. But I just want to make sure if there are any precautionary steps necessary to be performed first before going ahead for the removal.
    Avinash:
    System restore files can be safely deleted if you are not facing any issues at the moment you are deleting those files. I usually clear up the system restore files in a week or month. These files may be infected.
    Can you advise the detailed steps on such removal since you are an expert on it. Any backup is necessary ? Many thanks !

Alpha:
    After getting the alert did you revome the files? If yes then how come they are coming back? Either a false positive or Avira not good enough to stop it??
    I am surprised they just come back again and again after removal and I just don't know why? Any suggestion? Thanks!

Ashwin:
    Those are system restore files. They must contain some infected files from a previous restore point.
    You must have quarantined/removed the infections after those system restore points were created.
    Those files could be harmful, you can delete them.
    check this thread at MBAM forum:
    Many thanks for the advice!
    Last edited by hakah; 14-08-11 at 08:16 AM.