Quote Originally Posted by jelson View Post
Perhaps they are feeling pressure from somewhere and thus they haven't been putting much of their resources into that app (wearing my Conspiracy Hat)

Or perhaps, they are feeling the financial crunch too and are simply putting most of their available resources into SAS.

One form of ad-blocking is to use a host file like the one from MVP Hosts. As soon as I tried it out a whole lot of "stuff" stopped appearing on pages... like the ads in the top right hand corner of CNET download pages: just shows a message that "such and such" address can't be found... and the address is always related to some sort of advertising domain.

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

Nice list!

Flash Block is nice.

Be careful with No-Script... it can cause some pages not to even load if you aren't selective in the settings.

A non-computer-savy friend complained about her web e-mail no longer working after her paranoid brother "tweaked" her machine. A couple of questions revealed he installed No-Script and applied rather severe restrictions. Told her just to disable it and then... she was happy again.
Yes No-script can be troublesome too. Especially with blogs that use a java based comment system, (like Disqus) but it has its uses

My uncle got a rogue AV pop-up on a website and it wouldn't allow him to close the window, he used the Task manager to end FF.

But when I tried accessing the page No-script prevented the script from running

BTW Super AdBlocker isn't free.

Anyone using any other pop-up/ad blocker? Just curious