Thread: Why you would stick to Windows XP and not upgrade to Windows 7

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    @Avinash: Every softwares runs perfectly in Windows 7, provided you just need to install it in a compatibility mode. Even the video cutter, ChopperXP which was designed only for XP runs perfectly in Windows 7.

For me windows 7 resolves a crash in minutes, but XP at most of the times left it hanged so that i have to restart my PC again.

@ashwin: Beta of vista is nothing to be compared to windows 7. Everybody knows vista is buggy, and its natural that its beta is more buggy.

Quote Originally Posted by kavin View Post
    @ashwin: Beta of vista is nothing to be compared to windows 7. Everybody knows vista is buggy, and its natural that its beta is more buggy.
    I know that beta is buggy, but i have also mentioned that i used Vista at my office. :-)

It was Vista Ultimate OEM

Quote Originally Posted by kavin View Post
    @Avinash: Every softwares runs perfectly in Windows 7, provided you just need to install it in a compatibility mode. Even the video cutter, ChopperXP which was designed only for XP runs perfectly in Windows 7.

For me windows 7 resolves a crash in minutes, but XP at most of the times left it hanged so that i have to restart my PC again.
    As i run this forum and blog, I need to do a lot of software testing before I write something. Atleast I need to install the application and run it for some time atleast. That's when I find its not as good as XP and everything doesnt run on the fly.

Yes I do know that almost most of the apps run well on Windows 7, but still its not 100%.

Another thing as i said before, I hate the search function of Windows 7. May be none of you ever tried it.