Thread: Browser wars: Firefox vs Chrome - Discussion

Smile Browser wars: Firefox vs Chrome - Discussion

Cast your mind back a few years and the words “Internet Explorer” may have leapt instantly to mind when you thought of which browser to use on your desktop. Nowadays though, Google has entered the browser market and made the fight really about Chrome versus Firefox. Despite IE still claiming a 51.8 percent browser market share according to research firm [...]

Thank you both Caitlin Barker and Avinash for writing and publishing article. It was nice to read the post. I have been using Mozilla Firefox all this time but started thinking to switch to Google Chrome myself lately. All right then, I am gonna download and install Chrome to see which one suits me the most. No harm done just for changing web browser after all. If Chrome fails, then all I need is just switching back.

Quote Originally Posted by corker View Post
    Thank you both Caitlin Barker and Avinash for writing and publishing article. It was nice to read the post. I have been using Mozilla Firefox all this time but started thinking to switch to Google Chrome myself lately. All right then, I am gonna download and install Chrome to see which one suits me the most. No harm done just for changing web browser after all. If Chrome fails, then all I need is just switching back.
    Well... me too keep switching between Firefox and Chrome. But for me , Firefox still my number one browser for loads of different reasons including addons. Chrome is improving a lot and I am using it more these days compared to previous days. Anyways, Competition is good for end users.

Same here. But I keep coming back to FireFox

Firefox vs Chrome... Both have their own pros and cons. Chrome being more secure than Firefox because of sandbox technology and Firefox offers more customization than Chrome via huge number of addons. So, eventually it is just a matter of choice and the needs of user.

BTW, I've chosen Firefox

So I have installed Google Chrome and the disk space it takes is unbelievable. 222 MB! What on earth has Google packed onto? Is it me or do you guys encounter the same space requirement? And it doesn't install to Program Files folder, yes?

I have been using FF for a long time now.

Started using Chrome and faced high CPU+Memory usages & Crashes.

Chrome is good ONLY if have 2 tabs open, else it blows out.

I like Google Chrome better

Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    I like Google Chrome better
    We know Chrome is dominating the browser space worldwide. Yet Chrome need to cover a lot to pull more firefox users to itself.

Similarly Firefox need to do a lot more to keep its user base and increase its market share which at the moment is on decline.

Quote Originally Posted by Avinash View Post
    We know Chrome is dominating the browser space worldwide. Yet Chrome need to cover a lot to pull more firefox users to itself.

Similarly Firefox need to do a lot more to keep its user base and increase its market share which at the moment is on decline.
    Quite agree with you Avi