Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lavasoft LavaGuard

Lavasoft LavaGuard

Developer's Description

Lavasoft LavaGuard protects you while you browse the web. Every URL is carefully scanned in real-time against a constantly updated list of suspected malware and phishing sites. If you click on a dangerous link while browsing the web or while reading an e-mail, LavaGuard will immediately warn you of the site's risk status.

Clear Private Data

Quickly delete your browser's temporary files, cookies, history, forms and passwords to ensure privacy and security as you're surfing the web.

Browser Cleaner

Remove unwanted toolbars from your browser. This simple and fast feature will unclutter your browsers of those unwanted add-ons.

MyLavasoft

Easy access to Lavasoft's online community. Customize your profile, create your own skin, browse through the work of others, take part in the Lavasoft Beta Testing Program and get support on the latest security topics.

Quick Web Search

Easy access to Yahoo! powered search to surf the web, find images, news articles, videos and more.
    System Requirements

Lavasoft LavaGuard is compatible with Windows XP / Vista / 7. Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox are required for the following LavaGuard browser add-ons: Website Safety Rating Advisor, Clear Private Data, Browser Cleaner, MyLavasoft and Quick Search.
    Download from:

Looks interesting are you using this Ashwin?

Thanks for the update ash. I think there is nothing new in this. We can clean private data and remove toolbars manually too. But, with this we can quickly clean browser junk. It looks like a toolbar, so no no for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Looks interesting are you using this Ashwin?
    Nope, just read about it and thought I could share it with the forum members

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel View Post
    Thanks for the update ash. I think there is nothing new in this. We can clean private data and remove toolbars manually too. But, with this we can quickly clean browser junk. It looks like a toolbar, so no no http://www.avinashtech.net/images/smilies/nono.gif for me.
    Yup. toolbars are a no no for me too
    Last edited by Ashwin; 11-08-11 at 05:09 PM.

Decided to give it a shot, installation process offered to chage search engine to "Yahoo", unchecked that.

The toolbar is nothing special, didn't like it, uninstalled.

It changed my Firefox's address bar search engine to Yahoo

Had to open, about:config

search for keyword.url (without the quotes)

set it to “

P.S: to set other search engines as default:

Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil View Post
    Happy with BitDefender TrafficLight
    Doesn't work with FF 6, that's why I tried Lavaguard

Quote Originally Posted by Ashwin View Post
    Doesn't work with FF 6, that's why I tried Lavaguard
    no worries soon it will be compatible with FF 6

@ash: does it use anything other than default Yahoo toolbar? Yahoo toolbar also has an anti-phishing module.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast