Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Security Essentials 2010" Fake Antivirus

Quote Originally Posted by ashwin View Post
    Why dont people stick to AVG,Avira,Avast or Panda Cloud? Why do they keep looking for new free Antivirus apps?

Just stay away from bogus softwares, if in doubt just head over to cnet or softpedia and check the reviews before installing stuff.
    You missed somethings like Kaspersky, bitdefender which are my favourite.
    As Avinash said roguewares never invades normally. When you visit some sites, it just get itself downloaded and affects you. WOT may at times prove a best way to stay away from such sites.

Hmm. You can't stick to just one AV since trying out new stuffs is the key for any techie. For an info, i have all the security softwares you have mentioned, installed in my pc. Though they are in separate VM's.

Quote Originally Posted by kavin View Post
    You missed somethings like Kaspersky, bitdefender which are my favourite.
    As Avinash said roguewares never invades normally. When you visit some sites, it just get itself downloaded and affects you. WOT may at times prove a best way to stay away from such sites.

Hmm. You can't stick to just one AV since trying out new stuffs is the key for any techie. For an info, i have all the security softwares you have mentioned, installed in my pc. Though they are in separate VM's.

Hi Kavin, i was talking about free antivirus apps only.That is why i didn t mention Norton, Kaspersky,etc.
    Because people who use premium antivirus wont go looking for free antivirus apps.
    Because rogue softwares are also free, thats why they are tempted to try it, right?

Hi Kavin, i was talking about free antivirus apps only.That is why i didn t mention Norton, Kaspersky,etc.
    Because people who use premium antivirus wont go looking for free antivirus apps.
    Because rogue softwares are also free, thats why they are tempted to try it, right?
    Rogue softwares aren't free ashwin, it gets a lot of your precious time instead of what you get. Hey just kidding.

I agree with you.

Rogue softwares aren't free ashwin, it gets a lot of your precious time instead of what you get. Hey just kidding.

I agree with you.
    :-) And rogue softwares are not the only ones that trouble us. Some of the anti-virus or anti-spyware apps remove system files or other important files too. So be cautious and get an overview of what you are installing.

:-) And rogue softwares are not the only ones that trouble us. Some of the anti-virus or anti-spyware apps remove system files or other important files too. So be cautious and get an overview of what you are installing.
    Thats called False Positives. Always take a look at Quarentined files before deleting them on the go.
    If in a doubt, just upload the file to ThreatExpert, to test it via multiple AV's.

Thats called False Positives. Always take a look at Quarentined files before deleting them on the go.
    If in a doubt, just upload the file to ThreatExpert, to test it via multiple AV's.

I know about it Kavin, i was just providing info without using jargons
    Easier for the not so tech savvy to understand :-)

I know about it Kavin, i was just providing info without using jargons
    Easier for the not so tech savvy to understand :-)
    I know you did that for better understanding. But its a fact that if we use such techie words, so newbie users would try to figure out what that means by googleing. Only if they did so, then they would become a better techies.
    Thats what i feel when i posted it.

I know you did that for better understanding. But its a fact that if we use such techie words, so newbie users would try to figure out what that means by googleing. Only if they did so, then they would become a better techies.
    Thats what i feel when i posted it.

Forced tutoring :-D LOL

Lol. Yeah! But the result is much better mate.
    Unless we dare to use geeky words, most users won't care to learn new stuffs. Curiosity is the keyword for any geek.

Lol. Yeah! But the result is much better mate.
    Unless we dare to use geeky words, most users won't care to learn new stuffs. Curiosity is the keyword for any geek.
    Yeah but a lot of people are scared to adapt to new technology, especially middle aged or old people.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast