Thread: Forum RULES : In simple Terms

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    No copied content from anywhere should be posted. Even if the same member has posted the content somewhere else like a blog or forum, he should not post it here.

I think this will have a negative impact as our primary conributors Mike and Grr post regularly on other foums.

Quote Originally Posted by ashwin View Post
    No copied content from anywhere should be posted. Even if the same member has posted the content somewhere else like a blog or forum, he should not post it here.

I think this will have a negative impact as our primary contributors Mike and Grr post regularly on other foums.
    Well mate, If you were admin of any forums at any time, you would know how big the problem gets when another forum or blog sends you a legal notice, or a DMCA notice or google adsense bans you for something like this or similar.

These are standard rules of copyright and I think everyone should respect that.

I have already talked about few exceptions to these rules like Freebies, giveaways or other promotions.

Quote Originally Posted by Avinash View Post
    Well mate, If you were admin of any forums at any time, you would know how big the problem gets when another forum or blog sends you a legal notice, or a DMCA notice or google adsense bans you for something like this or similar.

These are standard rules of copyright and I think everyone should respect that.

I have already talked about few exceptions to these rules like Freebies, giveaways or other promotions.
    Well i happen to be a member of several public and private forums.
    But since you have made it a rule and sice you are the admin, i do respect that.
    I wont post anything that i have posted in threads that i have started at other forums.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ashwin View Post
    Well i happen to be a member of several public and private forums.
    But since you have made it a rule and sice you are the admin, i do respect that.
    I wont post anything that i have posted in threads that i have started at other forums.
    Lets live with this fact Ashwin.

Moreover Avi had faced a bad experience of its kind, so no problem.

I just have a suggestion that if the member posting can have a disclaimer in its signature, then no admin should be able to send Legal notice, or a DMCA notice; as then entirely it would depend on posting member & not admin..

What do you all think abt it?