Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FREE ---> Safe Returner Giveaway worth $29.95

FREE ---> Safe Returner Giveaway worth $29.95

Safe Returner is an awesomely impressive anti-malware tool which aids in the removal of Malware - Trojan Horses, Worms, Adware, Spyware - when standard anti-virus software either fails to detect them or fails to effectively eliminate them. Safe Returner's a relatively speedy malware remover, it works at a high speed with the full scan taking less than 5 minutes even with other high-resource programs running. It has a self-developed heuristic malware detection engine which displays the severity of the Spyware threat, used ranging from High Risk, Moderate Risk, and Low Risk.

On Thursday, November 04,2010, everyone can get a free 1 year license for version 1.27.5 of the awesomely impressive program Safe Returner. To get your free license key go to following link below and enter your email address.

Giveaway is 24 hours only Ends November 05,2010 GMT+5:30

Promo Source:
    Last edited by Mike; 05-11-10 at 07:04 AM.

Question

Thank you very much for posting this Givaway. I downloaded it and was able to ge my key. However when I installed it it keeps locking up on me. I have tried uninstalling it and re-installing it, running it as administrator, changing compatability mode and nothing sems to work. It always wants to freeze. I also turned off my anti-virus programs and anti-malware programs to se if those could be causing it, but that didn't help either. And the strange thing I noticed is that when you look at the folde on the start menu under programs, Safe returner is a .src file not an .exe! The only .exe file I saw in the instalation folder was IExplore.exe. Howwever when you click on Safe Returner.src (if I am not mistaken .src is a screensaver extention) under your program files, it starts the program. I am a little confuse. I have tried everything that I know to try but to no avail. I am using Windows 7 64-bit which on theior website it says it can work for eitther Windows 7 32 bit or 64-bit (you have to go to the actual download page to see that, on the home page it only says Windows 7 32-bit. I downloaded the latest version of Safe Returner 1.27.5. Does anyone have any suggestions or advice they could give me to get this to work? I am out of ideas to try. Thank you in advance for any help you can give!

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

Thank you for posting the givaway about Safe Returner. I downloaded it and recieved a key as per your instructions with no porblems. However after I installed it it keeps freezing up. I have tried uninstaling it and re-installing it with the same result. I have tried running the installer as administrator and same thing. I havw also tried compatability mode and still cannot stop the program from freezing up. An interesting thing I noticed is that under the start menu under programs, when you click on the Safe Returner folder the Icon in there is an .src file, not an .exe! But yet when you click on it it starts the program. When going to the instalation folder, there is only one .exe file I saw in there and that is IEXPLORE.exe. DOes anyone have the same problem? Or does anyone have any suggestions? I have tried everything I knwo to try to get this to work but to no avail. Any help would be appreciated. I am using WIndows Ultimate 64-bit. (Now I realize on the homepage it says it works with Windows 7 32-bit, but at the system requirement page it confirms that it works with WIndows 7 64-bit. I am just at a loss. I wouldgreatly appreciate any suggestions and or solutions anyone may have. Thank you for your time guys!

@TheGame A couple of comments at AskVG.com question Safereturner's compatibility with 64bit computers

As far as I know, Avinash is the only person here with a 64 bit PC, he too has Win7, but he will be back only by Monday, so we cant confirm if it works with a 64 bit PC.

I suggest that you contact the developer with the above info,the support email id is given at

This softpedia page says that they are quick to respond to issues, maybe they will help you soon

PS: Welcome to the forum
    Last edited by Ashwin; 05-11-10 at 10:12 PM.

Current Version: 1.27.3
    File Size: 3.12(MB)

Safe Returner is compatible with the Windows 7 32-bit!

I understand it says that on that on the home page Grr, but that is version 1.27.3, this is version 1.27.5 maybe they made it compatable with 64-bit. I read it was Compatable with Window7 64-bit on another site (for the life of me I cannot find where I read that) Unfortunatly for me Grr that may well be the case and the site I read it at was misinformed.

Thank you for your suggestion as well ashwin. I e-mailed them on their support page yesterday. They said they try to respond within 2 business days. Once I get an answer from them, I will make sure to write a reply here so that others using Windows 7 64-bit will know weither or not it indeed with work with thir operating systems.

Again, thanks Grr and Ashwin for replying adn ofering your advice and suggstions. It is much appreciated.

You are Welcome TheGame.

from another site: If you are on Win7 64-bit, be sure to run Safe Returner as administrator.
    Last edited by Grr; 06-11-10 at 06:00 AM.

Thanks Grr. I did come across that as well. The wierd thing is though when you go to start menu ->programs and click on the Safe returner folder the icon that starts the program is not an .exe, it is .src I believe.

I uninstalled the program until I can figure out the solution so it may not be .src but it is not an executable file. Oddly enough though when you click on that .src file it starts the prgram. It is only when I hit the scan button that it locks up.

Anyway being that it is not an executable with the file extention .exe I can't find an option to run it as an administrator. There is an .exe file in the program's instalation folder but it is IExplore.exe and I think that has something to do with eliminating malware that prevents your computer from functioning correctly after the malware has taken hold of the machine. Not sure on that one but I believe that is it's purpose.

But thank you Grr for mentioning that, I really appreciate it. If there is a way to run it as an admin I can try that, but so far I can't see how I can being that it isn't an executable file.

@TheGame Did you install the standard version or the plus version of Safe returner? Plus version should be installed only if your PC is infected

btw, I found this at their download page

There is a file named "IEXPLORE.EXE" in Safe Returner installer folder(rename to IEXPLORE.COM if exe being hijacked). It is like Rkill tool from bleepingcomputer.com which is only terminates processes. Please open it first when you have launched Safe Returner but it can not run or closed by an exe killing rogue.
    Well, that explains why Iexplore.exe is seen at the Safe returner folder.

Some info about .src from
    File Extension SRC
    File type: Source Code
    May I know what other security products (Antivirus, FW,etc) you have installed on your PC?

First of all, thank you everyone who has been trying to help me with my issue. And nice to meet you ashwin! Being that the file you click to start the program is .src it would explain why I do not have the option to run it as an administrator as Grr had suggested.

I will try answer your questions ashwin as thoroghly as possible:

I downloaded the standard version.

As far as security products installed, I am using Kaspersky Internet Security 2011, I also use Malwarebytes, Counterspy, Ad-aware, SuperAntiSpyware and Spysweeper. Keep in mind though I do not use any of those program's "real-time" protection, I only use Kaspersky for that purpose. Those Anti-malware programs I use are on a need to scan basis for the simple fact some of them pick up things that others do not. Other than Kaspersly, I have all of those programs disabled at startup as well as their processes. I only use them one at a time and only activate them when I need them.

I did recieve a response from their customer support team. It is as follows:

Hi,
    Thanks.
    I have uploaded a beta version for test.
    Please download it here

then unzip it,and copy the exe file to Safe Returner install folder.
    Run "Beta_test.exe"
    If you have the same error it will have a log file on the desktop
    thanks for your help to resolve the bug

The tech did not specify wither or not it would work with Windows 7 64-bit, that is the entire response that was given.

I have not downloaded the beta yet to test it, but perhaps this will be of some useful information to the members here.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 07-11-10 at 06:37 AM. Reason: I am not sure why the post has so much blank space in it, I apologize for that. Ah fixed.

great to see some good discussion going on here. I will pitch in too when i am back from vacation hopefully on tuesday. This vacation is proving costly as website and forum is getting into some serious trouble with uptime as I changed hosts few days back.

I will test this when I am back as i am on Windows 7 64 bit too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast