Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone using Sandboxie, Returnil or Wise Registry cleaner

I still use Sandboxie Personal and have lifetime license for it. I was used to using it pretty often a few while ago but now limited only for installing unknown programs. Even this is a considerably rare event. I have set Sandboxie Control to start when running a sandboxed program, not upon Windows startup anymore. The recent build 3.6X seems slower in running initial program than previous build. I prefer DefenseWall for daily use like browsing since DefenseWall has firewall feature and by overall is easier to configure. However, I do set IDM to place the downloaded files into Sandbox for caution.

Quote Originally Posted by corker View Post
    I still use Sandboxie Personal and have lifetime license for it. I was used to using it pretty often a few while ago but now limited only for installing unknown programs. Even this is a considerably rare event. I have set Sandboxie Control to start when running a sandboxed program, not upon Windows startup anymore. The recent build 3.6X seems slower in running initial program than previous build. I prefer DefenseWall for daily use like browsing since DefenseWall has firewall feature and by overall is easier to configure. However, I do set IDM to place the downloaded files into Sandbox for caution.
    Interesting info, thanks

I am guessing you have to edit the .ini file for manual startup. Could you show me what to add?
    TIA

@corker - thanks....

Quote Originally Posted by Ashwin View Post
    Interesting info, thanks

I am guessing you have to edit the .ini file for manual startup. Could you show me what to add?
    TIA
    Not really. There is an option for this. In Menu bar, expand Configure tab, open Windows Shell Integration, and check When a program starts in sandbox for Start Sandboxie Control option. The impact is there will be no Quick Recovery prompt right after you have finished downloading files and dropped them into sandbox.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12