Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Has anyone seen a slowdown in the scanning of MBAM...? It took me 1.6hours to scan a 160gb drive after the update....?

damien: yours is faster than mine, it took me about 2 hours with same hard disk storage size.

I have a 460gb HD, with about 350gb free, on my Win7 64-bit home desktop computer, and a 80gb HD with about 50gb free on my WinXp pro work laptop. MBAM quickscan takes about 4 mins on the former, which is much faster than it did prior to v 1.5, and it takes about 45 mins on the latter, which is much slower than before v1.5. So, based on this obviously limited data, one hypothesis is that the speed benefit brought about by the changed scan algorithm of the MBAM update might only be something applicable to Win 7 and/or 64-bit machines, and it might actually adversely effect other systems. So, those who are getting faster/slower scans, what system are you running it on?

Have Windows 7 x32 (35% full - 160gb hdd system disk with 500gb logical drive) and XP SP3 (60% full - 160gb hdd system disk with 500gb logical drive) both have slow scanning with MBAM(new update)....I used to scan everyday with MBAM(full scan) but when I saw that the scanning is getting longer I do a full scan weekly. I rely on a HitmanPro scan every after using the net now. Just keeping MBAM because of it's detection/removal strengths.

You can report this problem in MBAM forum or in Wilders, They will definitely respond to you in a helpful way

Scanning speed also depends on the amount of RAM, the type of processor in your computer.

Don't forget about the apps running in the background

I have 4gb of ram and before I scan with MBAM I use CCleaner to get rid of the junk. The scanning has sufferred since ver1.46. Was partially cured when 1.50 was released but when this update surfaced went back to "hours".... A pal already posted it there( I was the one who recommended it to her). Was asked to do a clean install/re-install to no avail. Now she experiences an error message of something like the updates that you are downloading is not for this version..please download the latest version of the program...---was not able to jot it down I only chanced upon it when I visited for a drink). She had to do another clean install. To date she had 3 incidents like that. So I advised her to use Superantispyware in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by damien View Post
    I have 4gb of ram and before I scan with MBAM I use CCleaner to get rid of the junk. The scanning has sufferred since ver1.46. Was partially cured when 1.50 was released but when this update surfaced went back to "hours".... A pal already posted it there( I was the one who recommended it to her). Was asked to do a clean install/re-install to no avail. Now she experiences an error message of something like the updates that you are downloading is not for this version..please download the latest version of the program...---was not able to jot it down I only chanced upon it when I visited for a drink). She had to do another clean install. To date she had 3 incidents like that. So I advised her to use Superantispyware in the meantime.

If you are experiencing slow scans with 4gb RAM, it must be an issue with MBAM's scanner.

Although it seems to be fast for me. I have a 350 gb HDD with nearly 275 gigs of data.
    2gb RAM XP Home SP 3

Usually a full scan with Malwarebytes takes about 30-45 mins

"Usually a full scan with Malwarebytes takes about 30-45 mins" -- Really...? It's close to 2hours for mine....drats....hmmmmm..but I keep MBAM (I have the Pro version), nice app there!

Quote Originally Posted by constantine View Post
    "Usually a full scan with Malwarebytes takes about 30-45 mins" -- Really...? It's close to 2hours for mine....drats....hmmmmm..but I keep MBAM (I have the Pro version), nice app there!
    It took 1 hour and 5 minutes to complete a full scan on one of my computers, (has a 500gb drive with over 250gb data)

Ran a full scan on my PC, it took almost 2 hours for me now

Although I did have a few apps running in the background

PS: I have over 280 gb data now. maybe thats why it takes longer to finish the scan

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast