Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ad-Aware Pro Giveaway : Discussion and Review/ feedback

Ad-Aware Pro Giveaway : Discussion and Review/ feedback

This thread is created for discussion about Ad-Aware Pro, the Giveaway that's live on blog and then feedback from winners after they test.

Giveaway Page:
    Last edited by Avinash; 11-12-10 at 10:23 PM.

Thanks Avinash for the giveaway.Ad-Aware pro is nice detection rate . I have used it trial version earlier.

Thanks Avi, but there are something wrong with your article "I have Twenty Five (25) Licenses of Winrar to giveaway" for Ad-ware pro giveaway

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by springname View Post
    Thanks Avi, but there are something wrong with your article "I have Twenty Five (25) Licenses of Winrar to giveaway" for Ad-ware pro giveaway

Regards
    Thank you for pointing that out. That's what happens when you are dizzy while writing a post. Its corrected now.

[lang=vi]Cảm ơn AVI, mình đang rất cần nó cho máy của mình[/lang]

Thank for so much

I have been using AdAware free for years and have found it to be a fantastic malware finder it is easy to use and would love a shot at a free 1 year license key. Thank you for the chance to enter.

Installing process:
    Attachment 107

• It prompts you should install chrome browser, however if you dont want, just erase ticks in check box.

Attachment 108
    • At this stage, my machine is suppose to restart, but it wasn't. Surprisingly, another process ( ad-Aware update manager ) started up. It then completed in next 10 minutes. This is a little bit strange.

Attachment 109
    Happy when seeing the installing process finished successfully

Some pros

• Ad-Aware's GUI is friendly as it has two mode;"simple mode" and "advanced mode" and it is easy to switching between these two by pressing 2 buttons at the bottom.

Attachment 110

• In simple mode, things become "easy-to-understand", clear descriptions for your next actions
    • In advanced mode,users can customize Scan, Ad-watch,TrackSweep and toolbox via "settings" button.
    • Like other security products, Ad-Aware provides three scanning methods; smart scan, full scan, and profile scan
    • The full-scan is about 30 minutes ( it is faster than Bitdefender, but can't surpass Norton )

Minor cons:

• Slowing down computer startup a little but I am still happy as I won it

Thank you

P/s: I am not a tech guy, so don't know to use words consistently
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by springname; 19-12-10 at 09:30 PM.

Thanks a lot Avinash for this great giveaway. Ad-Aware pro is a very good and must to have program for PC. I am glad to have the license.
    Regards

Ad-Aware Pro is very simple to install. Installation process took maybe 3 minutes, even without rebooting computer.
    After Installation Ad-Aware Pro works in Simple Mode. You can switch to Advanced at the bottom of window (there are more options)
    There are 4 areas, each accessible via a button on the navigation bar (Main, Scan, Ad-Watch, Extras)
    - The Main button takes you to the Main page which outlines the status of the Ad-Aware updates and definitions, gives details about the last scan, and Ad-Watch.
    From this page you can also access support centre or schedule a scan
    - The Scan button takes you to the page which controls how scans will be carried out. Fast Smart Scan or Slower Full Scan (Profile Scan in Advanced Mode)
    - The Ad-Watch button takes you in real time protection area where you have the option of enabling or disabling protection for (processes, files, network, registry)
    - The Extras button opens a screen with TrackSweep. You can erases the track left behind after surf the web. (in Advanced Mode - IE, Opera, Firefox, Chrome)
    Everything is very simple, and nobody should have any problems with using the program.
    It is a little heavy for the memory RAM, it takes about 100MB. But it works fine.

Thanks Avi for this giveaway
    Last edited by Jakub; 20-12-10 at 05:47 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast