Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AnVir Task Manager Giveaway : Discussion and Review/ feedback

Quote Originally Posted by corker View Post
    I use WinPatrol Plus as well beside AnVir Task Manager and Process Lasso. I found that WinPatrol has better taste in organizing startup list while AnVir Task Manager is rather untidy. AnVir Task Manager enlists Windows services, that comes as bundle from within an installed program, altogether with the executable file needed to run the program. Most of us do not expect to see this because our startup list is going to be seen bloated by .dll files. Even native Windows Task Manager would split them.

Moreover, AnVir Task Manager and WinPatrol do not seem to get along very well since any startup entry handled by either one of both does not appear to each other. If I handle one with AnVir Task Manager, then I will not have it enlisted in WinPatrol. Or vice versa. So, to avoid any confusions, I suggest it had better to choose just one of both in dealing with startup detection.
    u r right corker....2 same things could cause only harm..

an alternative with more features than the Windows Task Manager Start

Agree with Corker.. i had Anvir running along with the Chameleon Manager which is prolly why i didnt like the Anvir at the time.. and since i got winpatrol on this machine i am keeping that for now.. but i went in for a license as i am heading home for R&R and would like to try out ANvir on my home PC and then compare them side by side,, that way i dont have to install/uninstall 1 to test it out... this way can see how both work and then make a decision off that

Quote Originally Posted by Zug View Post
    Agree with Corker.. i had Anvir running along with the Chameleon Manager which is prolly why i didnt like the Anvir at the time.. and since i got winpatrol on this machine i am keeping that for now.. but i went in for a license as i am heading home for R&R and would like to try out ANvir on my home PC and then compare them side by side,, that way i dont have to install/uninstall 1 to test it out... this way can see how both work and then make a decision off that
    Good luck Zug.

Hoping that i'm not too late for this giveaway, i would like a chance to compare it with Winpatrol which i currently use as my startup manager

Hello, this is my first post in the forum

I have one question, I left a comment (using Opera) on the AnVir review and giveaway but I think it wasn't published, It told me I had to wait for the approval but I think I should be able to see my comment with the "waiting for approval" line, ie. I commented, a sign told me to wait but I can't see my comment.

After that I tried with Internet explorer but got the same result.

Maybe the comments don't appear until they get approved, if that's the case excuse me

Quote Originally Posted by Cosme View Post
    Hello, this is my first post in the forum

I have one question, I left a comment (using Opera) on the AnVir review and giveaway but I think it wasn't published, It told me I had to wait for the approval but I think I should be able to see my comment with the "waiting for approval" line, ie. I commented, a sign told me to wait but I can't see my comment.

After that I tried with Internet explorer but got the same result.

Maybe the comments don't appear until they get approved, if that's the case excuse me
    yes, comments are moderated for SPAM and hence it may take time to appear. Sometime even 24 hours too but normally 46 hours.

Thanks for the quick reply Avinash.
    Now I can see my comments

I asked in the first place because I had some problems commenting on 2 other websites.

AnVir Task Manager is not bad to have, though it needs some time to get used to.
    I like those additional buttons it make in the upper title of windows and that it has links to Virus Total but it worries me they having collaboration with Uniblue inside the program.
    Could been better organized in help the user but can't get everything

Quote Originally Posted by Emil View Post
    AnVir Task Manager is not bad to have, though it needs some time to get used to.
    I like those additional buttons it make in the upper title of windows and that it has links to Virus Total but it worries me they having collaboration with Uniblue inside the program.
    Could been better organized in help the user but can't get everything

Agree, it could be better designed...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast