Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AnVir Task Manager Giveaway : Discussion and Review/ feedback

AnVir Task Manager Giveaway : Discussion and Review/ feedback

This thread is created for discussion about AnVir Task Manager, the Giveaway that's live on blog soon and then feedback from winners after they test.

Giveaway Page:
    Last edited by Avinash; 18-12-10 at 01:13 AM.

waiting for feedback...

Well.. i tested Anvir TM a while back.. kept it on my machine, but noticed that I never really used it.. I was using Chameleon Manager at the time and was liking it better. with CM, it had a delay bar so you could see the programs in order of when they will boot and so on.. Anvir i noticed it just brought up a menu (basically like the windows service) and you had to set teh delay there and what not..

Well, recently i installed Winpatrol Plus and have been using that ..i uninstalled CM and noticed that program left a bit of a mess.. soem of the startups are now labled (added by Chamelion Manager) or somethin like that.. and if i disable one with that tag, it disabled them all..

So.. be nice to hear some more feedback on it as well.. but as of right now.. stickign with Winpatrol Plus

Anvir I think had a good Task Manager looking GUI, but if you have Win7.. you have one quite similar as well... so defeated the need of the product for that aspect as well.. and since i have process lasso.. i see them all anyway

thanks Zug why not post a review on Winpatrol Plus

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

Another Bad:

maybe i will once i get more acquainted with it never really done "reviews" so would be a first but atm.. no time and getting ready for my R&R.. so just has to go on the back burner for now

I use WinPatrol Plus as well beside AnVir Task Manager and Process Lasso. I found that WinPatrol has better taste in organizing startup list while AnVir Task Manager is rather untidy. AnVir Task Manager enlists Windows services, that comes as bundle from within an installed program, altogether with the executable file needed to run the program. Most of us do not expect to see this because our startup list is going to be seen bloated by .dll files. Even native Windows Task Manager would split them.

Moreover, AnVir Task Manager and WinPatrol do not seem to get along very well since any startup entry handled by either one of both does not appear to each other. If I handle one with AnVir Task Manager, then I will not have it enlisted in WinPatrol. Or vice versa. So, to avoid any confusions, I suggest it had better to choose just one of both in dealing with startup detection.

J would love a copy of Anvir Task Manager it sounds much easier than the Vista task manager never have been quite able to fully understand it it sound to me as if Anvir simplifies the job very well thank you for the chance. And have a great Birthday.

anvir pro key

hi avinash
    anvir is one of the my favorite softwares.other one's are pop peer, jdownloader and hwmonitor. tough i use free version of anvir but i would like to have pro version to see security levels of programs.thank you

After reading the features of AnVir Task Manager, I would love to have one.

I don't have a big problem with Win 7's task manager, but it would be nice to try something a bit more thorough.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast