Thread: Splash PRO - the Ultimate HD player

Splash PRO - the Ultimate HD player

Seriously speaking i am bored of using VLC. The looks are seriously dumb and the the developers aren't doing anything to change it. There is another player called KMPlayer which is a contemporary of vlc but not satisfied with that also. So i was on the lookout for a good media player with good looks and works like vlc.
    Then one of my friend suggested Splash PRO. I immediately checked the . My first reaction was "looks good".
    After using for few days i seriously liked the player and its features.

Designed and optimized for HD!
    Play all your High Definition AVCHD™, MPEG-2, AVC/H.264 and VC-1 movies and camcorder clips, incredibly fast, smooth and without problems. You don't need any additional codecs.

Picture² - just stunning video quality!
    Advanced picture post-processing engine, delivering stunning video quality. Watch standard and high definition videos like never before, enjoy smooth motion, crisp details and vivid colors.

Ultra responsive, stylish
    and innovative User Interface.

Splash is compact, stylish, user friendly and incredibly fast! Discover Smart Seek, advanced seek mode designed to find specific movie scenes without interrupting video playback.

EcoMode - Save energy!
    Think green! Save energy, save your money and enjoy longer video playback on batteries. EcoMode's intelligent power management is designed to reduce power consumption of your mobile PC. Enjoy up to 40% longer video playback on laptop/netbook batteries. With EcoMode you can monitor your battery power consumption, wear level and more.

Featuring Mirillis Codecs.
    Ultra fast audio and video decoders designed for your multi-core processor and graphics card hardware acceleration (GPU).
    All in all its a good alternative for those who are bored of vlc like me. You can download and try Splash PRO or the free version Splash Lite from its .

Note:- Info and screenshot from the official site

Do post a feedback about your experience.

Thank you

Thanks for the share. BTW, I too switched from VLC to KM Player, but there hasn't been a new build for the last year. Precisely what about KM Player were you dissatisfied with? Just curious. In the mean time, I'll check out Splash Lite

Here's the feature comparison page If I'm reading it right, the Lite editon will only play VC-1 files
    Last edited by jelson; 30-12-10 at 08:36 PM.

I havnt tried the latest version of KMPlayer but i have tried some earlier versions and it was too buggy.

@jelson try Daum PotPlayer.. i'm Sure you will like it
    Download it from here
    Code:
    http://www.dvbsupport.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Nicks View Post
    @jelson try Daum PotPlayer.. i'm Sure you will like it
    Download it from here
    Code:
    http://www.dvbsupport.net/
    Thanks Nicks!!

Discovered this :

I found this looking at kmplayers forums,the guy that created kmplayer sold it and started another project called potplayer,its the same as kmplayer but is kept upto date
    There a looong thread about it

It looks pretty good. Appreciate the tip!!

FYI The KMPlayer v. 3.0 has been released, I think it's build 1438

The only way you'll find out about them is by registering on the KMPlayer forum and visiting the Beta subforum.

I was auto-notified of the update last week and was like "WTF!!"