Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Personal Giveaways at Forum- A Small clarification

Thank you for the feedback. Amended my post a bit as per everyone's suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel View Post
    By reading all the conversations of this thread. I see that Personal Giveaways are NOT Stopped! All you have to do is to tell Avinash or Ashwin (Mod), about your giveaway and prove that you have licenses, genuine ones, and you won't cancel the giveaway in middle. So, it would be better to change the Title of the thread first!
    Avi and I have never asked anyone about the genuineness of licenses.

But I agree about new rules like

1. No cancellation of giveaways
    2. Ensure that the licenses are not already used on any other computer. In case the license can be transferred without problems, then its fine

By reading those 2 rules many of you may felt bad about it, but in next line Avinash says :

I think that line should be bolded and should be clear, so that this thread conveys the message correctly.

The other solution to this situation is :

Remove all these rules. These rules look like punishments. Min. count of 500 and 6 month duration, will not encourage new members. So better allow giveaways. If anyone fail to fulfill his promise, like if he fail to give licenses as he told in giveaway, then these rules should be applied to that person only. So, that he'll learn from his mistake.

These are my suggestions only. Hope to see better rule
    Well, these rules are not punishments, but merely precautions.

Quote Originally Posted by ashwin View Post
    Avi and I have never asked anyone about the genuineness of licenses.

But I agree about new rules like

1. No cancellation of giveaways
    2. Ensure that the licenses are not already used on any other computer. In case the license can be transferred without problems, then its fine

Well, these rules are not punishments, but merely precautions.

Seems a wise decision. If it does not work this way you can always tighten the rules. IMO it would be good idea if the person who gives away the license(s) makes clear how the draw will be conducted. Will he use random.org, or just give them away to whomever he likes? Also, 500 posts may be a bit much, but a minimum of, say, 10 or 30 posts would keep quite a few spammers out. On Raymon.cc I have seen newbies with just one (1) post dealing out license keys that were definitely phishy.

Quote Originally Posted by Corno View Post
    Seems a wise decision. If it does not work this way you can always tighten the rules. IMO it would be good idea if the person who gives away the license(s) makes clear how the draw will be conducted. Will he use random.org, or just give them away to whomever he likes? Also, 500 posts may be a bit much, but a minimum of, say, 10 or 30 posts would keep quite a few spammers out. On Raymon.cc I have seen newbies with just one (1) post dealing out license keys that were definitely phishy.
    yes, I just lowered the min. number to just 50

ok guys I just read this thread & all the posts..

Here is my suggestion:

To avoid any abrupt giveaways, any member (posts less than 50) could provide the license details to Ashwin (MOD) or Avinash (Admin), and then open a giveaway thread.
    In this way, even if the member holding the giveaway is not able to hold further, MOD/Admin could jump in.

just my 2 cents.

Thanks,
    Grr

Personal Giveaways hasn't stopped for new members it just need a permission from Admin or Mod.
    Rules are simple and Good.
    This Rules should have been imposed earlier but no issue.

The current stipulations are very much reasonable...good decision.

Wow, rules are great now. Good decision Avi. Now, we can enjoy

I'd say this is a great idea,anyone can do a giveaway with cracks????

Quote Originally Posted by clydeman View Post
    I'd say this is a great idea,anyone can do a giveaway with cracks????
    I really didnt get what you wanted to say. No cracks are allowed here.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast