Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Personal Giveaways at Forum- A Small clarification

Personal Giveaways at Forum- A Small clarification

We are putting a stop on personal giveaways. Its not allowed until

1. You have a minimum post count of 30
    2. you are a member of forum for last 2 months

Right now, only Ashwin, Mike and Grr can hold a Personal giveaway.

If you do not full-fill the above conditions and still want to giveaway something, Ask me or forum MOD, we would love to hear from everyone willing to giveaway or help members.

EDIT- tHE REASON FOR THIS... IF ANYONE OF YOU IS WONDERING.

One of our forum members canceled two giveaways in between and I cant help but to put this rule.

Its embarrassing for me to tell members that giveaways no longer exist. At-least for me, I would like to be as honest as possible and i really felt bad putting this rule.
    Last edited by Ashwin; 20-07-11 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Updated reqd no.of posts

You serious guys? Why here on the most friendliest forum at universe?
    Not because I have that much to give myself but. I mean why follow the same principal as e.g raymond.cc does. Like everyone knows, in the end it gives Avinashtech & this forum the publicity anyway so the credit will be yours even the idea was from one of your members.
    If that's your opinion, well that's up to you to decide. Excuse me then, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Emil View Post
    You serious guys? Why here on the most friendliest forum at universe?
    Not because I have that much to give myself but. I mean why follow the same principal as e.g raymond.cc does. Like everyone knows, in the end it gives Avinashtech & this forum the publicity anyway so the credit will be yours even the idea was from one of your members.
    If that's your opinion, well that's up to you to decide. Excuse me then, sorry
    Hi EMIL,

i JUST ADDED THE REASON FOR THE RULE. HAVE A LOOK. i AM FEELING REALLY BAD TODAY

I think this is a terrible idea to stop all personal giveaways just because someone decided to delete their giveaways today. Everyone else here at the forum should not be penalized for 1 persons actions but that is not my decision . Sure hope your doing the right thing AVI as giveaways help keep an active forum and is a great way to help other members.

MIKE

Quote Originally Posted by mrm52858 View Post
    I think this is a terrible idea to stop all personal giveaways just because someone decided to delete their giveaways today. Everyone else here at the forum should not be penalized for 1 persons actions but that is not my decision . Sure hope your doing the right thing AVI as giveaways help keep an active forum and is a great way to help other members.

MIKE
    That's why I said, Its not closed totally.

just the member need to ask me. It really bad when someone ends it abruptly. I am open to amending this rule to any extent.

Tricky situation..... but after reading the reason i think its fair enough as long as people can ask for the holding giveaways ....

It has been an embarrassing situation today.

All those members hoping to win licenses would be dissapointed. This rule was brought in place to avoid such situations.

Like Avi said, it can be amended. We just need some opinions first.

I can understand AVI's position. Its really a tough decision to take.

I think it is overkill, but it is Avinash's decision

By reading all the conversations of this thread. I see that Personal Giveaways are NOT Stopped! All you have to do is to tell Avinash or Ashwin (Mod), about your giveaway and prove that you have licenses, genuine ones, and you won't cancel the giveaway in middle. So, it would be better to change the Title of the thread first!

By reading those 2 rules many of you may felt bad about it, but in next line Avinash says :

If you do not full-fill the above conditions and still want to giveaway something, Ask me or forum MOD.
    I think that line should be bolded and should be clear, so that this thread conveys the message correctly.

The other solution to this situation is :

Remove all these rules. These rules look like punishments. Min. count of 500 and 6 month duration, will not encourage new members. So better allow giveaways. If anyone fail to fulfill his promise, like if he fail to give licenses as he told in giveaway, then these rules should be applied to that person only. So, that he'll learn from his mistake.

These are my suggestions only. Hope to see better rule

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ashwin View Post
    It has been an embarrassing situation today.

All those members hoping to win licenses would be dissapointed. This rule was brought in place to avoid such situations.

Like Avi said, it can be amended. We just need some opinions first.
    Gave my opinion Ash

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast