Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kaspersky 2010 with a compatible Firewall ??

Kaspersky 2010 with a compatible Firewall ??

Hey guys my uncle just bought kav 2010. He doesnt know the diff between kav and kis so bought kav.
    I told him it does not have a firewall and he told me if a found out a firewall perfectly compatible with kav he would give me one license. so any suggestions

PS it should have no conflicts with kav. If anything happens to his comp his gonna kill me. He is a businessman so cant do without his laptop

Never in my life i hv installed just an antivirus in my pc. Always felt internet securities are the safest bet. Now regarding your question i did some extensive google search and found out comodo firewall is compatible with KAV 2010 and its the best bet.
    Thats what i concluded after my google search and you can go with that.

Thank you

Yes avibky, what Alpha say is true. Go with Comodo Firewall, its the best firewall out there with minimum memory usage. It won't slow down your uncle's pc. But, be aware that Comodo Firewall is not available as a separate component. So, you have to download Comodo Internet Security and then install it. While installing it asks you if you want only Firewall or Internet Security or Antivirus. Choose Firewall and you are done. Have great time with Comodo By the way, set Comodo to Training mode for first week, so that your uncle won't be confused by the alerts it give...

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

By the way, upgrade to 2011 from 2010. 2011 got much better...

What options in kav should i disable so comodo and kav wwork together. Should i disable kav while installing comodo and also should i install comodo defense+.

The best firewall that works well with KAV is Outpost Firewall Pro or Outpost Firewall as opined in Kaspersky Lab Forum. You can registered there and check it yourself as Outpost firewall is highly recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by avibky View Post
    What options in kav should i disable so comodo and kav wwork together. Should i disable kav while installing comodo and also should i install comodo defense+.
    No need of disabling KAV. The installation should go fine even with KAV with all modules enabled. But, also consider Hakah's suggestion, as you are installing KAV on your uncle's system better choose the one which is more compatible. Better install Comodo with Defense+ off

Good suggestions hakah and Sam

Online Armor free, and close HIPS.

Hey i won avast is should i install it instead of kav

Quote Originally Posted by avibky View Post
    Hey i won avast is should i install it instead of kav
    I will still go with KAV

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast