Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need a small help with VDownloader

Question Need a small help with VDownloader

Hi All,
    I was using VDownloader to download GMAT videos from Vimeo.com.

Suddenly in January VDownloader started giving me error.
    I have tried everything but of no help.

Appreciate if someone could install VDownloader & check if the problem is with VDownloader or just with me.

Download link from CNET:

Test video link from VDownloader installation folder, file:TestList.txt

Also after checking please share with me the following two files in the Vdownloader installation folder (most likely C:\Program Files\VDownloader)
    1. log.txt
    2. trace.txt

Thanks in Advance,
    Grr
    Last edited by Grr; 14-01-11 at 08:48 AM.

I suspect the problem is Vimeo changed something and VDownloader hasn't been updated to handle it.

I've seen this sort of thing with other video downloaders before.

Update: well I tried to help you out, but the setup from CNET starts to load and then quits on me.

The app I often use, Final Video Downloader, gives "Unsupported site error" for that link.
    Last edited by jelson; 14-01-11 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jelson View Post
    I suspect the problem is Vimeo changed something and VDownloader hasn't been updated to handle it.

I've seen this sort of thing with other video downloaders before.

Agree, but need some confirmation...

Quote Originally Posted by Grr View Post
    Agree, but need some confirmation...
    I hear ya. Unfortunately, even after a reboot I can't install VDownloader. In fact, MyVideoDownloader, 2nd program I was gonna try for Vimeo, is refusing to launch.

I think one too many apps have been installed and uninstalled on this XP install. All that testing of the Christmas Advent promos.

I hear ya. Unfortunately, even after a reboot I can't install VDownloader. In fact, MyVideoDownloader, 2nd program I was gonna try for Vimeo, is refusing to launch.

I think one too many apps have been installed and uninstalled on this XP install. All that testing of the Christmas Advent promos.

Time to start using Sandboxie

Ja mam zainstalowany VDownloader 3.0.720.0 Free... probowalem 3 razy pobrać plik, który wymieniłeś ... niestety, pojawia sie za każdym "Blad"...
    Plików: log.txt i trace.txt nie ma w folderze C:\\Program Files\\VDownloader ... przeszukałem caly komputer i też nie znalazłem ... wygląda na to, że VDownloader nie tworzy takich plików....
    Wstawię zrzut ekranu z tego programu, może się do czegoś przyda ...
    Jeśli chodzi o link do pobrania programu, wyglądana to,że serwer jest niedostępny aktualnie lub przeciążony ...

Pozdrawiam

Translated--

I have installed VDownloader Free 3.0.720.0 ... I tried 3 times to download the file that you mentioned ... unfortunately, appears every "error" ...
    File: log.txt and trace.txt is not in the folder C: \ Program Files \ VDownloader ... searched the whole computer and not found ... it seems that VDownloader does not create these files ....
    Inserts a screenshot of this program may be useful for something ...
    As for the link to download the program, it seems that the server is currently unavailable or overloaded ...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Avinash; 14-01-11 at 06:25 PM.

[lang=pl]Podczas pisania poprzedniego postu chyba zrobiłem jakiś błąd i nie jest on poprawnie tłumaczony

Nie wiem jak można go usunąć, więc postaram się skopiować jego treść tutaj i mam nadzieję, że teraz już wszystko będzie OK!...

"Ja mam zainstalowany VDownloader 3.0.720.0 Free... probowalem 3 razy pobrać plik, ktory wymieniłeś... niestety, za każdym razem pojawia sie "Blad"...
    Plików: log.txt i trace.txt nie ma w folderze C:\\Program Files\\VDownloader... przeszukałem cały komputer i też ich nie znalazłem... wygląda na to, że VDownloader nie tworzy takich plików....
    Wstawię zrzut ekranu z tego programu, moze się do czegoś przyda...

Jeśli chodzi o link do pobrania programu, chyba server jest aktualnie niedostępny lub przeciążony..."

Przepraszam za problem!

Pozdrawiam![/lang]

Everything works great. I downloaded the video in link too. try the latest version if you got some issues.

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/7566/vdownloader.png
    Last edited by Avinash; 14-01-11 at 08:31 PM.

Interesting... the version on CNET is a bit old (3.0.733) whereas the one Avi tried (3.0.752) is available via

Interesting... the version on CNET is a bit old (3.0.733) whereas the one Avi tried (3.0.752) is available via
    I went to official site whose download link redirected me there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast