Thread: [Suggestion] New forum on useful links

[Suggestion] New forum on useful links

I think there should be a forum where members can post useful links. Those links can be about anything. In short i am asking people to share their bookmarks.
    I know there can be a issue of spamming but if "posts count(say 50/100)" criteria is added then we can eliminate that issue.
    I really hope people support this idea.

To further eliminate spamming we can disallow blogs/forum links, just genuine sites.

Thank you

Well, the issue here from my view point is who decides which link is good or bad. Sometime, it becomes very difficult even to moderate links in normal posts and I have seen much more spam links behind the scenes in my Admin panel here than anyone else on the form.

That is when its not allowed.

The scene will change if we allow it and lets say, a link is useful to one but it can be viewed as spam by other which gets debatable.

Even if I add a rule say 50 or 100 posts, members may say its partial to new members just like what happened when I made the thread about personal giveaways.

Also, I do not want to make a sub-forum which restricts posting based on user post count or rank etc.

If someone can address these concerns, we can proceed. As usual, I am always open to suggestions.

I think instead of classifying a link as good or bad we can classify it as useful or spam. We all are quiet intelligent to differentiate between spam and useful links.
    I have already mentioned, to eliminate spamming we can disallow forum/blog links.

Ok let me give an example(why i am supporting this idea)
    Yesterday i thought of making a slideshow for ESET Youtube contest(finally ). I am perfectly against the idea of cluttering my HDD and registry. So i was on the lookout for creating a video on the cloud(online) as they say these days. After few google searching i reached a site called . Its a great site for creating/editing online videos. After few clicks here and there i finally completed my tasks and will hopefully get my key today.
    I did it with such an ease without installing any software.

My point is thanks to these sites we can perform any tasks easily. So if there is a place where we can share these kind of sites our work load will reduce immensely.
    I guess just the fear of spamming shouldn't stop us from something very interesting and useful.

Thank you

@Alpha, yes I got the whole point. But need few more ideas before I put anything similar in place. I don't want to be a judge of useful or spam links or even any mod.

It looks like it can be possible with few rules but as I know, most of you dont like restrictions or rules. Still, we are open to every idea and right now it looks like a slight favorable idea but still ...more ideas or opinions required.

Thanks avi for considering this. Yup as you mentioned some strong rules are required to carry forward this idea. Anyway i am hopeful about this and lets see what others reply.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Avinash View Post
    @Alpha, yes I got the whole point. But need few more ideas before I put anything similar in place. I don't want to be a judge of useful or spam links or even any mod.

It looks like it can be possible with few rules but as I know, most of you dont like restrictions or rules. Still, we are open to every idea and right now it looks like a slight favorable idea but still ...more ideas or opinions required.
    Form a Team of members who would decide on the link (useful or not).