Thread: App for monitoring broadband connection

App for monitoring broadband connection

Anyone have any suggestions on this?

I'm visiting relatives and have been asked to recommend one.

I can't think of one that would let a non-technical user know of any connection issues or bottlenecks so would know to yell at their computer or yell at their broadband provider.

And there is also a wireless router.

Thanks in advance

/me is hanging out in Texas
    Last edited by jelson; 01-02-11 at 12:40 PM.

Ok, here is the one I have used:

BitMeter 2 is a bandwidth meter, it allows you to visually monitor your internet connection by displaying a scrolling graph that shows your upload and download speed over time. BitMeter is freeware - ie. it is given away completely free of charge, there is no trial period, no time-limited features, no spyware, and no adware, guaranteed.

Check the Demo here:

It has everything u r looking for...

Monitoring in terms of what? Bandwidth? parental control or something else. If you can clarify, then we could help much better

Quote Originally Posted by Avinash View Post
    Monitoring in terms of what? Bandwidth? parental control or something else. If you can clarify, then we could help much better
    Yeah, bandwidth.

But I was wondering something similar when I was asked.

I thinik the question is born of frustration with his previous internet provider, Hughes Satellite.

I believe he wants to know up and down bandwith, and general health of his connection.

Quote Originally Posted by jelson View Post
    Yeah, bandwidth.

But I was wondering something similar when I was asked.

I thinik the question is born of frustration with his previous internet provider, Hughes Satellite.

I believe he wants to know up and down bandwith, and general health of his connection.

Use the one I mentioned in my post above. It stores the history for you...

Doesn;t the program Networx also do this as well/> I know i have tried it out and it lets you know about all the bandwith and will log it all and let you know where it is all coming from/going to etc.. its a pretty good program and i believe portable..

zug

if you are using win 7 or vista then try network monitor sidebar gadget, or try du meter.