Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A small coincidence: Do you believe in luck ?

A small coincidence: Do you believe in luck ?

Today, I was just going through my adsense account. For those who dont know what adsense is, it helps me earn money through advertisements thanks to google.

I just saw the date of my first payment exactly matches with my daughter,s Birthday What should i call it? My lucky day? or something great in store for me?

Do i believe in luck? No i dont but this is something which is against what i believe. May be I am getting lucky.

hmm.. comes the day of her birthday.. sounds more like it is going to be a present for her as being a father, i know for sure, that money is some how going to end up going for her (or the misses :P )

Good Luck..

That's very sweet Avi

Do I believe in luck? only in giveaways

I think thats a gift from google to your daughter.

Isn't life and the journey of our lives a miracle

It may be a coincidence and in the same time may be not, we will probably never know and in the same time - it's not intended for us to know these things during our lifetime.

See it like a help from above and perhaps something that tried to remind you of your daughter/ family. There may lay some importance for perhaps something that may happen in importance for both you and her and why not her mom and your wife.

This kind of signs happen myself from time to time and believe it's normal usual for lot of people up in the age or after got some level of experience from life, it's fascinating and in same time a kind of untold science that almost needs a lifetime to learn, or if it's not just a coincidence

Congrats to the check & the happiness by having a family.
    Wish you all the Best

Quote Originally Posted by Avinash View Post
    Today, I was just going through my adsense account.

I just saw the date of my first payment exactly matches with my daughter,s Birthday What should i call it? My lucky day? or something great in store for me?

Do i believe in luck? No i dont but this is something which is against what i believe. May be I am getting lucky.
    The most important thing is to ask the right question... or phrase it the right way.

So, what I ask myself and others in situations like this is
    What was the very first (thought / impression / feeling) you had when you were "struck by this 'coincidence'?"
    Start there and proceed with fresh eyes, letting go of all preconceived notions (both those acceptable and unacceptable to your conscious conventions).

Just something I learned from my training in the sciences.

An example is Friedrich Kekule who created the theory of chemical structure that's fundamental to all of modern chemistry. He had been struggling for a long time with the structure of benzene and had a vision / dream of a snake biting it's tail. He paid attention to it instead of simply dismissing it as a day dream (some say he had been smoking some opium to relax on the way home.)

So... what did some part of yourself you usually don't listen to say to you when you noticed the "coincidence." ...that is the right question, IMHO.

Indeed very lucky Avinash

I've heard some people say "If they never had bad luck,they wouldn't have no luck".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast