Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bitdefender antivirus+firewall

Bitdefender antivirus+firewall

Through hakah(one of the the forum member's) giveaway i won bitdefender antivirus. I am using avast internetsecurity trail. So should i switch to bitdefender. Is bitdefender better than avast and if i use bit defender what firewall should i put.

Quote Originally Posted by avibky View Post
    Through hakah(one of the the forum member's) giveaway i won bitdefender antivirus. I am using avast internetsecurity trail. So should i switch to bitdefender. Is bitdefender better than avast and if i use bit defender what firewall should i put.

That depends on how Avast is working out for you. If you don't like it you can always use something else.

As for the Firewall, I would recommend Online Armor

Hi Avibky,
    If you are not Satisfied with Avast Internet Security then you can give BitDefender a Try
    But my Personal Experience with BitDefender was not good. High on Resources.
    if you find yourself Comfortable with BitDefender then stay with it
    Comodo Firewall will be good

Bitdefender is a very good antivirus but it is true that it uses high system resources.
    Avast is light on the system but i still think that you should try Bitdefender antivirus ones.
    I have also used it and it is really very effective.
    My firewall suggestion are Zone alarm ,Agnitum Outpost or Online Armor.

i am thinking for an Online armor premium license giveaway by me(win here on AVI's Birthday).
    Can someone help me in Organizing this as i haven't hold any giveaway before anywhere.
    Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by niroop View Post

i am thinking for an Online armor premium license giveaway by me(win here on AVI's Birthday).
    Can someone help me in Organizing this as i haven't hold any giveaway before anywhere.
    Thanks in advance.
    You can make a new thread about it under Personal Giveaways, make your own rule for the contest

You can use the "List Randomizer" to select a winner:

Bitdefender got higher detection rate than Avast in last month's Virus Bulletin test.

I hv got a bitdefender 2011 internetsecurity key IS it good and is it light on resources should install it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by avibky View Post
    I hv got a bitdefender 2011 internetsecurity key IS it good and is it light on resources should install it or not.
    Well, if we have someone who uses Bitdefender IS they would have tell you rightly, but unfortunately most of us don't use it. So...... Why don't you try it and tell us if its good or not?

i have used Bitdefender Internet Security before , it was nice but it is true that it uses system resources a bit higher than other products but if you have at least 2gb ram and 2.xx ghz processor ,it does not feel so much on your system.Give it a try ,it is one of the best Internet Security suite i have ever used.

just installed bdav on winxp pro on 512mb and it works like a charm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast