Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: can someone please suggest me some Driver Updater Software?

Nirroop its nothing like that. Dont look into the words rarely i get angry its just a healthy conversation.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    If people are dumb enough(no disrespect to anybody) to loose their driver cd or re-install windows without drivers you surely cannot expect them to be that geeky to handle a completely new software.
    Does not that happen all the time during our daily life?

Regardless how an expert somebody may have been in PC usage, to be able to operate a PC does not always mean to be able to fix the occurring problem. The continued story of my true usage scenario is that somebody will bring his problematic PC to a PC technician (or at least know-PC-better than him) who is going to use the driver updater benefit for him sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    If people are dumb enough(no disrespect to anybody) to loose their driver cd or re-install windows without drivers you surely cannot expect them to be that geeky to handle a completely new software.
    Not necessarily. None of my Compaq Desktops came with a driver cd. The Technician had the files on his usb pen drive and saved a copy of it on each PC

But if the files were lost? No worries for me if I use a driver updater software like Slim Drivers or Driver Max

I can understand both the scenarios which ashwin and corker said but don't you think losing driver cds or having no driver cds can happen only ONCE. Once you get the drivers you will keep it in a safe place.

Dont know maybe i am acting too geeky or i am too dumb to understand the whole situation anyway way lets finish this here. But a nice heated discussions is always healthy

Cheers mate

Well, drivers are often a problem unless operating system install it on own. And I know, for more than 90% users, they dont even know something like a driver exist.

Most Desktops/laptops comes with OS and drivers pre-installed and unless you are the person who had done the installation, its a problem to find the drivers next time you need them for whatever reason unless you got a drivers CD.

Even if the technician has saved the drivers on system, then also most people have got no clue what those files or folders are.

You should believe that most computer users (including me) are dumb enough in one way or the other that you need help from someone who knows more or better than you.

Now

Quote Originally Posted by niroop View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I doesn't have any "driver Updater" Software installed on my pc but i want to have one.Can someone please suggest me which one should i choose because i have never used driver updater applications before.
    Please mention both Freeware and Shareware products.The software must be compatible with Windows 7 64 bit.

Please help me.

Thanks in advance

Now can you please tell me why do you want a DRIVER UPDATER Software ?? I dont understand why people gets exited by these kind of software Like "Registry Cleaner", Driver Updater Software" and so on....If you want your computer to be on top most condition then please dont use these kind of software.....Always keep turned on your Windows Update , and you dont have to worry about outdated driver.......If driver update for any particular hardware is not available through windows update, then you can manually check the Developers website ....But you should always stay away from these kind of software.....

Quote Originally Posted by Nirab Sarma View Post
    Now can you please tell me why do you want a DRIVER UPDATER Software ?? I dont understand why people gets exited by these kind of software Like "Registry Cleaner", Driver Updater Software" and so on....If you want your computer to be on top most condition then please dont use these kind of software.....Always keep turned on your Windows Update , and you dont have to worry about outdated driver.......If driver update for any particular hardware is not available through windows update, then you can manually check the Developers website ....But you should always stay away from these kind of software.....
    Updating drivers manually is not as easy as updating automatically. But, as you said Windows update is doing a good job. So, using these softwares is now a personal interest. Coming to registry cleaner, I think, they are useful as they clean leftover clutter from registry.

If you are still looking for updater software, Uniblue has a promo going on now to get a free license. Please see the post here:

I could recomend Driver Magician. No problems. Nice menu. Light and fast.

Thanks Jeremy and Sysabi for your suggestions. I have downloaded Driver scanner 2011 and also going to try driver magician soon.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast