Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    India
    Posts
    244

    can someone please suggest me some Driver Updater Software?

    Hi everyone,
    I doesn't have any "driver Updater" Software installed on my pc but i want to have one.Can someone please suggest me which one should i choose because i have never used driver updater applications before.
    Please mention both Freeware and Shareware products.The software must be compatible with Windows 7 64 bit.

    Please help me.

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Driver Max (free and pro versions)

    has some restrictions. (1) you need to register for a free account. (2) You can download only 2 drivers per day.



    Device Doctor

    Free. but may detect updated drivers incorrectly



    Slim Drivers

    This is what I have on my PC. works great. A paid version is available if you want automatic updates

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Near You :)
    Posts
    409
    As Ashwin said SlimDrivers works great
    but sometimes it does detected Drivers which are older than installed one
    PS: It also disables Windows Updates. But a decent Driver Updater.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicks View Post
    As Ashwin said SlimDrivers works great
    but sometimes it does detected Drivers which are older than installed one
    PS: It also disables Windows Updates. But a decent Driver Updater.
    Update it and see if it still disables Windows Updates, they fixed that bug a long time ago

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Near You :)
    Posts
    409
    Quote Originally Posted by ashwin View Post
    Update it and see if it still disables Windows Updates, they fixed that bug a long time ago
    hahaha my mistake, with the new version issue has been resolved
    Last edited by Nikhil; 04-03-11 at 02:41 PM.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicks View Post
    hahaha my mistake, with new version issue has been resolved
    Thanks for clarifying

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    INDIA
    Posts
    1,162
    Strangely i never used driver updater software because i don't need it. Honestly can anybody explain me its purpose? From the time of windows xp hardly we have to install 2-3 drivers after Windows installation, rest all are inbuilt. Moreover drivers aren't sumthing that are updated everyday. So to get an alert once in a year i don't think ts worth it. I prefer a manual checkup rather than cluttering my HDD & registry with yet another unnecessary piece of software.

    Thats my point of view and others can surely disagree

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    274
    Freeware: Double Driver
    Paidware: Driver Magician (which you can get the latest version for free from giveaway on Megalab.it)

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Strangely i never used driver updater software because i don't need it. Honestly can anybody explain me its purpose? From the time of windows xp hardly we have to install 2-3 drivers after Windows installation, rest all are inbuilt. Moreover drivers aren't sumthing that are updated everyday. So to get an alert once in a year i don't think ts worth it. I prefer a manual checkup rather than cluttering my HDD & registry with yet another unnecessary piece of software.

    Thats my point of view and others can surely disagree
    True usage scenario which I often find:

    Someone just reinstalled his OS when he realizes that he does not have the required driver for his/her sound card nor he knows the vendor name. As the result, he can't play music because no sound is coming out from his speaker.

    A driver updater program can ease the job for him. He just need to set the program to scan the motherboard for collecting database and after that, the program will open the download page for the driver on Internet for him (you need to be a registered user to enjoy this feature in Driver Magician).

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    INDIA
    Posts
    1,162
    Quote Originally Posted by corker View Post
    Freeware: Double Driver
    Paidware: Driver Magician (which you can get the latest version for free from giveaway on Megalab.it)


    True usage scenario which I often find:

    Someone just reinstalled his OS when he realizes that he does not have the required driver for his/her sound card nor he knows the vendor name. As the result, he can't play music because no sound is coming out from his speaker.

    A driver updater program can ease the job for him. He just need to set the program to scan the motherboard for collecting database and after that, the program will open the download page for the driver on Internet for him (you need to be a registered user to enjoy this feature in Driver Magician).
    If people are dumb enough(no disrespect to anybody) to loose their driver cd or re-install windows without drivers you surely cannot expect them to be that geeky to handle a completely new software.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    India
    Posts
    244
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    If people are dumb enough(no disrespect to anybody) to loose their driver cd or re-install windows without drivers you surely cannot expect them to be that geeky to handle a completely new software.
    Cool down my friend.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •