Thread: Could u pls increase private messages box quota?

Lightbulb Could u pls increase private messages box quota?

Could u pls increase private messages box quota?

Dear Grr,

Your private messages box on Software tips and tricks - Avinashtech Forum has reached 90% of your allowed quota. To ensure that you do not reach 100% of your allowed messages, you should consider archiving or deleting some of your messages.

Quote Originally Posted by Grr View Post
    Could u pls increase private messages box quota?
    Sorry Grr, I cant do that. Myself deleted loads of PM today after it was full. Also, If i increase the limit I have to do it for everyone which right now is not possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Avinash View Post
    Sorry Grr, I cant do that. Myself deleted loads of PM today after it was full. Also, If i increase the limit I have to do it for everyone which right now is not possible.

ok, I thought u could easily incr for Moderators...

So bad Butw I need not need that Much Quota

Quota? I'm at the other end of the spectrum... 5 posts required before being allowed to send or receive PMs. I discovered this via discussion on another site, with a member who PM'd me here--I had no idea anything was sent, and they had no idea it wasn't received.

I can understand making newbs wait to send a PM, but if one is not allowed to receive a PM before reaching the 5-post quota, that should probably be noted as well. At the very least, a notice to the sender that it won't be received would be warranted, I think.

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

And perhaps the setting was changed? The PM in question showed up immediately after my above post.
    Last edited by theBIG; 08-08-11 at 02:14 AM. Reason: I hate automerge!

There is no restriction on receiving a PM.