Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fake KMPlayer installs malware?

Fake KMPlayer installs malware?

I read that there is a fake KM Player doing the rounds at different websites, which when installed installs some Malware

source:

A quick google search gave me a couple of links

KMPlayer forum:

Malwarebytes forum:

I would recommend KMPlayer users to upload the setup files to virustotal or virscan or jotti's malware scanner to make sure if it is safe.

If you already have KMPlayer on your PC, run a scan with your Anti-virus or Malwarebytes (though I doubt this would help, since Mbam haven't updated their forum thread)

Huh..I am using KM Player....is there any news about this one...?

Quote Originally Posted by damien View Post
    Huh..I am using KM Player....is there any news about this one...?
    Depends on which version you are using and where you downloaded it from. check the links in my 1st post

The post at the MBAM forums specifically states FileHippo. I got it from there. But when I scanned with MBAM, Prevx, HitmanPro, Avira I am clean...

Quote Originally Posted by damien View Post
    The post at the MBAM forums specifically states FileHippo. I got it from there. But when I scanned with MBAM, Prevx, HitmanPro, Avira I am clean...
    Seems like your PC isn't infected That's good.

Read this comment at TSA:

There are a few other comments which refer to the malware too. I'll keep this thread updated if I get more info.

damien: The version preferred to use is 3.0.0.1439 as recommenced by KMPlayer Forum.If you require the download link, you can refer my post in KMPlayer Forum - Technical Support.
    Last edited by hakah; 17-04-11 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hakah View Post
    damien: The version preferred to use is 3.0.0.1439 as recommenced by KMPlayer Forum.If you require the download link, you can refer my post in KMPlayer Forum - Technical Support.
    Read your post at the KM Player forum, but I was unable to access the beta thread. Apparently its only for registered members.

Found a download link for: KMPlayer 3.0.0.1439 Final

KMPlayer
    Last edited by Ashwin; 17-04-11 at 09:57 AM.

Hi guys; Thanks for the update. I still have the old installer for ver3.0.0.1439 here with me. Old habit. I do not delete the previous version for 6mo. The other pc's I have with XP SP3 and Win7 x32 I have already uninstalled ver 1440 and re-installed ver1439. Have not checked the MBAM forums lately as the topic was locked already. Wilder's had no post about it. Will stay tuned about it here.

Official version of KMPlayer 3.0.0.1440 to be out soon

So it is confirmed that the previously leaked one was fake

PS: Another Moderator's comment confirms this

Quote Originally Posted by Ashwin View Post
    Read your post at the KM Player forum, but I was unable to access the beta thread. Apparently its only for registered members.
    Yep! I didn't realize there was an Update to 3.0 until KM Player prompted me about it.

The only place to get it is the link is in Beta forum (so I registered) and they request that the link is not reposted elsewhere.

And it's official, build 1440 Global has not been released, only the Korean version.

A post by kent (developer & forum admin) -- about 15 mins ago -- says:

Hello everyone!

I'd like to inform all of you that The new version of KMPlayer (1440) will probably be out by the end of this week or latest by next week.

The Korean version has been released already but for the Global Version, we've been testing it out for to fix the bug. Please stay tuned and keep checking our forum/ Facebook KMP Media or follow us on Twitter KMP Media! to get the latest information!
    So, last official is build 14339, and here's the info on it (I DL'd it from the link in the Beta forum)

14.4 MB (15,103,144 bytes)

CRC32: F2ADA973
    MD5: A221DBDD4A4B0942675D3D6AC7C151CD
    SHA-1: 7087C953775EA1D34D17DC7F3B4111645A01B942

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast