Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spybot S&D Skins

Spybot S&D Skins

As requested by Ashwin, I've created 2 Skin installers for Spybot S&D using Setup Factory 9.

These are installers and will automatically install the skin for you, without the user having to manually put the files in the proper directories.

If you'd like, create a restore point before installing.

The files have been scanned with NIS 2012, Emsisoft Anti-Malware, Malwarebytes, and SuperAntiSpyware and is virus and Malware-free. (I created it for our members, so the files are completely safe).

Please feel free to do your own scan on the files before installing.

The program also has a built in uninstaller if you wish to uninstall the skin.

Please give it a try and leave feedback.

Installation Instructions:

1) Close Spybot S&D

2) Run Adagio Edition Setup.exe (Please note the default install directory is C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Skins - however if you chose a different install directory for your Spybot S&D installation such as C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Skins\ please select that directory in setup when prompted.

3)Once installation has completed, open Spybot S&D. To use the skin you have to select it in the Spybot S&D settings. Go to
    Settings-->Skins and select Adagio Edition from the drop-down menu.

Screenshot
    Attachment 239

Please note your taskbar may look different since I am using a custom windows theme

Download here:

The second Skin is Dark Edition v2.1

Follow the same installation instructions as above for Adagio Edition except in
    Settings-->Skins in Spybot, select Dark Edition from the drop-down menu. (Installation instructions are also included in both .zip files in the Readme)

Screenshot:
    Attachment 240

Download here:

Enjoy!

Adagio Edition v2.0 with updated black text per Ashwin's request.

*Please note, I changed the default install directory to C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Skins per Ashwin's feedback. If your Spybot installation directory is different, please select it when prompted in setup.

Screenshot:
    Attachment 245

Download Here:

Last edited by Jeremy; 25-04-11 at 07:14 AM.

Installed both, works fine

Is there any way to change text color? The text is not readable when using the Adagio theme.

Dark Edition is great

PS: Sticking this thread and the ad-aware skins

Thank you again Ash for your feedback. As far as the Adagio skin's text, I use that skin as my skin for Spybot and I can see the text fine. However since you are unable to read it, then yes I can change the text color. You can only modify the text color in the config file, and you would have to be familiar with code.

I will let you decide. Tell me what color you would like the text to be and I can modify it for you then post the fix.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGame View Post
    Thank you again Ash for your feedback. As far as the Adagio skin's text, I use that skin as my skin for Spybot and I can see the text fine. However since you are unable to read it, then yes I can change the text color. You can only modify the text color in the config file, and you would have to be familiar with code.

I will let you decide. Tell me what color you would like the text to be and I can modify it for you then post the fix.
    You mean the .ini file

How about a dark color, like black ?

Thanks Jeremy...

Is SpyBot compatible with MBAM & SAS?

Quote Originally Posted by Grr View Post
    Thanks Jeremy...

Is SpyBot compatible with MBAM & SAS?
    Yes it is.

Its compatible with almost all AVs and Anti-spywares, just don't use the real-time protection of SpyBot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashwin View Post
    How about a dark color, like black ?
    Sure thing Ash, I will get to it today.

Also, I am going to see about creating Spybot Avinashtech Edition! Maybe a blue and green themed one to match the Avinashtech logo. I'll talk to Avi to see if I can get permission to do so.

I'll see how much time I have today to work on this. I have a customer's PC here today that they totally messed up that I need to work on as well (There's my Easter Egg lol).

P.s. Here is a code for an Avinashtech Widget if anyone has a website they would like to put it on. I have mine on my Facebook Page.

Code:

Sample Screenshot:

Attachment 243

Quote Originally Posted by TheGame View Post
    Sure thing Ash, I will get to it today.

Also, I am going to see about creating Spybot Avinashtech Edition! Maybe a blue and green themed one to match the Avinashtech logo. I'll talk to Avi to see if I can get permission to do so.

I'll see how much time I have today to work on this. I have a customer's PC here today that they totally messed up that I need to work on as well (There's my Easter Egg lol).

P.s. Here is a code for an Avinashtech Widget if anyone has a website they would like to put it on. I have mine on my Facebook Page.
    Thanks Jeremy great job

Aww, too bad, you have to work on Easter.

Btw how do you put it on Facebook ? I am not good at FB

It's finally here, the Avinashtech Edition Skin for Spybot S&D! It took a lot of time and work to complete this. I put extra care in the installer and in trying to pick to correct colors to match Avinashtech's theme. I hope those of you who use Spybot will give this skin a try and give me some feedback. I appreciate everyone's feedback and permission to create this for you all.

Here are some Screenshots:
    Attachment 247

Attachment 246

Attachment 248

Download Here:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast