Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What should I write about? Suggestions about Posts

Avinash Guest

What should I write about? Suggestions about Posts

I would like to know from members what I should write about? Any suggestions?

Or something specific? Put it here anything that comes to your mind provided its related to computers :P

Re: What should I write about? Suggestions about Posts

Hi Avinash,

I just want to tell you that you are already doing a splendid job. Besides the giveaways which are always very popular, your site has many useful articles and tips on using various internet resources effectively and safely.

How about some articles on interesting new gadgets and gizmos like ipad, phones, etc.

Thats all for now. Thanks.

Avinash Guest

Quote Originally Posted by darma
    How about some articles on interesting new gadgets and gizmos like ipad, phones, etc.
    Well, the problem with that is I dont have a deep knowledge of gadgets and I know only about the gadegts that i use personally. You can say its not my area of expertise and that's why its a bad idea for me to write about them.

If some day, if I decide to write about gadgets, I would do that with a new blog or site as I don't want to dilute this site niche which is related to computers. software, hardware, internet etc. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Avinash
    I would like to know from members what I should write about? Any suggestions?

Or something specific? Put it here anything that comes to your mind provided its related to computers :P
    I know you do a lot of this already, but I like nice UNBIASED reviews of security software..

Currently, I've got two computers in which their WLOC subscription runs out for good in April. I'm still undecided as to what to put on them. I've got NIS 2010 on a third machine but I'm yet to be totally convinced it's a good idea to install Norton on the other two. Anyway, that's where reviews from you and other sites come in handy..

Avinash Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rochester
    I've got two computers in which their WLOC subscription runs out for good in April.
    You talking about Windows Live one care perhaps? If you ask me, I would just say , any other free or paid AV is better than Windows Live one care.

And regarding Norton, I would say its better than WLOC but their are much better AV solutions available.

If you want to talk about Norton or its alternatives, Just open a new discussion thread in Software discussion forum and we would be able to help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by Avinash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochester
    I've got two computers in which their WLOC subscription runs out for good in April.
    You talking about Windows Live one care perhaps? If you ask me, I would just say , any other free or paid AV is better than Windows Live one care.

And regarding Norton, I would say its better than WLOC but their are much better AV solutions available.

If you want to talk about Norton or its alternatives, Just open a new discussion thread in Software discussion forum and we would be able to help you out.
    Take a look at Sunbelt VIPRE. It was new to me, but I couldn't pass up a great deal on a unlimited lifetime offer over the holidays. tried it out on an older XP machine and it works very well. I use ESET NOD32 on my primary boxes, but this one's a nice alternative. http://www.sunbeltsoftware.com/Home-Home-Office/VIPRE/

hth

You're doing fine as far as I can tell. Is there a way you could test/review GPS units?

Avinash Guest

Quote Originally Posted by OldElmerFudd
    Is there a way you could test/review GPS units?
    As I said above, gadgets and things like these are not my area of expertise. :P

Well, hmmmm. How about registry tools like registry defrag, etc... There are great registry back up tools as well as reg defraggers out there, perhaps even talk a bit about the registry giving people a hit of what it's about.

I also thought about the page file. Many people are still confused as to what it is, what it does and even a lot of techs I know didn't know it can be defragmented with page defrag.

Just a couple of thoughts.

Paul

Avinash Guest

RE: What should I write about? Suggestions about Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PChammer
    Well, hmmmm. How about registry tools like registry defrag, etc... There are great registry back up tools as well as reg defraggers out there, perhaps even talk a bit about the registry giving people a hit of what it's about.

I also thought about the page file. Many people are still confused as to what it is, what it does and even a lot of techs I know didn't know it can be defragmented with page defrag.

Just a couple of thoughts.

Paul
    Just scheduled a small post about Windows registry to be published today. Obviously, the post is not for you. :P Its for novice users... a simple post talking about Windows registry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast