Thread: Talk about your Favorite Softwares

Avinash Guest

Talk about your Favorite Softwares

Start talking about your Favorite Softwares either they are paid ones or freebies in any category. :geek:

Re: Talk about your Favorite Softwares

Well, maybe I can get this started off then. As always, everyone has different taste in software so I'm not suggesting mine is better than others, just what I like personally and use.

Firefox> I will not use IE and I feel Firefox is the best free browser out there "and I have tried a lot of them".

Ccleaner>The most handy free tool for a quick registry and junk file clean up, lite, easy to use, one of the best.

Auslogics Disk Defrag>To me, one of the fastest and very thorough free defraggers out there.

IMGburn> The one ISO burning utility that does it all, free, never had one issue with it, always fast, stable and if you go into advanced features, it may make your head spin but it has a wizard interface for those who just want basics.

PSpad> goes beyond a basic text editor and handles anything you can throw at it. Free as well.

VLC> This thing will play any video you can think of, or at least enough to please most. Even plays .ISO files etc... it has converters, video capture, video effects and much to much to discuss in this post.

Gimp>
    What better graphics editor for free can you ask for? Well some but that's usually because Gimp is too in depth for some. I however love the unlimited possibilities and will never use PS.

Blender3-d> The best free 3-d graphics designer you will find. A bit of learning curve there as well but it works great.

Inkscape> This is a very powerful vector graphics editor, can't ask for better for free or paid.

Tune Up utilities>
    As far as a thorough clean up goes, I found Tune up to be likely the best there is. While not free typically, I usually get a free version from V3.co.UK < formerly Vnunet who many times have full free versions of software. Here's the link.

Code:
    http://www.v3.co.uk/downloads/
    DVDfab> For backing up your dvds has a free version that is limited to one use at a time, like backup to ipod, or dvd, or whatever but is unlimited to how many times you can use it. Will back up almost any DVD.

Cole2k dvd rip pack > Another great free DVD backup suite with things like DVD shrink, etc... and while not quite as good as DVDfab for backing up the types of DVDs, it's faster and easier when you can use it.

WinRar> Excellent free archiving utility and one of the only ones I found that will take X amount of files and archive them separately instead of all in one.

Finally Picpick image capture> It's not lacking features by any means but not as robust as some, however, what it does do, is capture a lot with very easy to use interface. It's fast and free too.

There's my list for now, I could fill a forum on what I've used so these are some of my favorites. Feel free to throw in an opinion on them if you like.

Avinash Guest

LOL )

What a big list. It seems you have given me few topics for me to write later on the blog P

Thanks

My List will be coming soon. Today I was too busy with Forum database and Winner selection of the giveaway P

Avinash Guest

MYlist :

Firefox
    Kmplayer
    Burnaware
    free (Nero Replacement)
    IDM (download Manager)- paid one

Windows XP ( yup thats my favorite) - Still everything works flawless there whereas windows 7 still not perfect

Ubuntu (on Virtual Machine)

Cant remember more. Will update it as and when required.

Let's see...what I use all the time:

XP Pro
    FF 3.6
    Online Armor Pro
    ESET NOD 32 v4.0
    Thunderbird 3.0.1
    Xnews
    Eraser
    ...and commercial graphics tools

Nearly all the time:

Ashampoo Burning Studio 9
    Photoshop CS2
    Capture One 5.02
    Lightroom 2
    KMPlayer
    Malwarebytes Pro
    CCleaner
    Revo Uninstaller
    jv16 Power Tools 2009
    Virtual Box
    TeamViewer
    Acronis True Image 2010

...and utilities, data recovery tools, etc. Probably an equal split between free and payware.

RE: Talk about your Favorite Softwares

Firefox - No matter how fast they claim Opera beta and safari web browsers are. They do not give the functionality that firefox and it's available add-ons give. Not even Chrome which now supports extensions is up to par yet because of the lack of quality and selection of it's extensions.

Thunderbird - Simply the best email program out there

TuneUp Utilities - Yes it is a paid program and other's like Glary do come close to competing with it, TU is still the best at the moment.

Anvir Task Manager - Is just one awesome program. From being able to monitor startup programs in realtime to tons of information on processes it is a must have for everybody.

Avira Antivirus - It simply has one of the best detection rates out there with the least amount of footprint on your system.

Outpost Firewall Pro - I'm still in my testing stages as of right now but I like it over any other I have tried so far

Ccleaner - Nothing out there like it

Mediamonkey - It is THE best media player out there for users who want to not only play their music but want to customize their library the way they want it.

Revo Uninstaller - I have tested multiple uninstall programs. Total uninstall worked great until it crashed my system for removing too much. Advanced uninstaller was good but really didn't clean anything more than revo and these programs feature of snapshots thoroughly failed. Revo although not perfect in itself still is the best at the moment.

Acronis True Image - I use it ritually to back up my system and has saved me many times when disaster struck. The one downfall is, Images can be corrupted sometimes. So although it is not perfect it is my first line of defense in the backup area. Second line of defense? see next item.

Backup4All Lite Missed the Pro giveaway but love the lite version of Backup4All. It gives me a hard copy of my files if needed and also backs up programs settings.

RE: Talk about your Favorite Softwares

Here is my list
    Firefox
    VLC
    CDBurnerXP
    Snagit
    Tune up utilities
    Easeus Partition Master Pro (For partitioning only)
    Fedora (Only reason is the Blue color )
    DBPowerAMP (Audio converter with lots and lots of useful features)
    Win XP Pro
    Download Accelerator Plus
    GetDataBack for NTFS/FAT (My personal favorite for data recovery)
    Any Video converter
    Foxit Reader
    IrfanView
    Norton/Kaspersky Internet Security