Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blacklist for Giveaway's at Avinashtech Blog

I was not aware of this rule, and I will keep it in mind. I have never been hoarding licenses, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Grr View Post
    Seems that u didn't get the idea of giving the feedback.
    In simple terms- no Feedback = No interest from product company's for giveaways.

Please note that the giveaways are sponsored, not purchased.
    Wow looks like everyone jumped on the bandwagon and slaughtered the guy for asking a question and saying what was on his mind. Maybe some of us did not know all the rules, but to be sarcastic in your views toward it proved my point.

---------- Post added at 08:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ashwin View Post
    What exactly is "suspicious"?

These black-lists are for previous giveaways. For people who haven't bothered to give a feedback after winning a license.

Anyway, Avinash has clearly mentioned that the blacklist rule is not in place for this month's celebrations.
    Thank you for a clear and straight forward answer.

---------- Post added at 08:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Avinash View Post
    If you are a active member, you would have known the answer. We need winners to give feedback and if they dont give feedback, they are blacklisted.

Also, if you are suspicious, you should not take part in giveaway or forum. Stay here if you trust us. If you don't trust as, there are better places over the web and you can go there.
    So let me get this straight, your answer is to be rude to a question being asked. That does not say a lot about your forum or your Software and Company. I'm sure other people would be amazed of your attitude toward a simple question.

@davhag64,

I am the coolest guy you ever met, until you shoot me a question about trust. The forum runs on trust here. So if someone feels we cant be trusted that's a bad way to shoot us particularly me.

Only thing that this forum works on is trust between members. Just browse a bit through forum if you can and you will know what I am talking about.

As I keep saying, trust is the virtue on which this forum runs. Still you are wise enough to decide if we can be trusted or not. Hope it clears the issue.

Also, hope you still stay here in-spite of this small inconvenience.
    Last edited by Avinash; 16-12-10 at 08:12 PM.

I've heard something "suspicious" here

Hi davhag64, Welcome to the forum. This forum is created to share. Share our thoughts. Share our knowledge and Feedback is also a way to share one's experience with others. But the final decision to share or not, is left to the members. Feedback rule is laid by Avinash for a good cause. If a person knows the real motive behind that rule, then no one will hesitate to give feedback. If you we can know more about what made you suspicious then we can help you by clarifying your doubts, rather than starting a discussion without knowing the root cause.

Waiting for your reply,
    Sam

Newbie so I had not read all the rules and had not read some of the members quotes and messages until today. So I understand to a point, and I understand if I am blacklisted or blocked. Its all good, like you said the internet is a big place.

---------- Post added at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

Hey Sam,

I have no idea really what I have started here, I just hate the word "Blacklisted". If I or anyone do something wrong, contact me personally and let me know. Block me as a poster or cancel my membership. Ask me to leave the forum, anything but the blacklist was by e-mail addresses which was concerning to me. Call me a spy, paranoid, overly cautious or whatever, but that is me. Just my opinion which is all it is, you know what they say its like ---------- everyone has one.

OK guys, all is well now. its a closed chapter.

Also, Point well taken about the word "Blacklist". If someone can suggesst me a better word, I would be happy to replace it.

Another clarification, This forum does not ban members and thats a policy until something exceptional happens in future.

@davhag64

A little re-cap of what this blacklist is:

In simple words, Blacklisted = disqualification from Avinashtech's giveaways

People who did not give feedback after winning were not counted for newer giveaways.

And it is a personal record kept by Avi, It will not be made public.
    So there is no need to be worried about Privacy or anything else.

So what exactly counts as "feedback" ?

A simple "thanks for the license", "I really like this product", "It works fine, thanks" would have been more than enough.

People didn't bother to say "Thanks".

For Example: If I offered you a glass of lemonade, and you drank it and just walked away without a word, how would I feel ? Hurt? Disappointed ?

Would I offer you another glass the next time I see you?
    (maybe tea LOL)

Many people don't understand that feedback is the "key" for a successful giveaway.

Developers use giveaways to find out how popular their product is, whether it has any flaws,etc. Just like a survey

All licenses are sponsored by developers. Bloggers act as mediators between the developer and the participants.

They hand over the license to the winners. What do the bloggers get in return? (just page views and email subscribers)

And thats why this blacklist rule came to exist. To help the developer get their feedback from winners.

Not to cause any discomfort to any reader/member.

PS: I may be a moderator, but that rule applied to me too. If had failed to give a feedback, then I would be disqualified too.

Anyway its not in place for this month's celebrations. So just relax and try your luck

Quote Originally Posted by davhag64 View Post
    Newbie so I had not read all the rules and had not read some of the members quotes and messages until today. So I understand to a point, and I understand if I am blacklisted or blocked. Its all good, like you said the internet is a big place.

---------- Post added at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

Hey Sam,

I have no idea really what I have started here, I just hate the word "Blacklisted". If I or anyone do something wrong, contact me personally and let me know. Block me as a poster or cancel my membership. Ask me to leave the forum, anything but the blacklist was by e-mail addresses which was concerning to me. Call me a spy, paranoid, overly cautious or whatever, but that is me. Just my opinion which is all it is, you know what they say its like ---------- everyone has one.
    Come on Davhag... By the way are you a philosophy student? You sound like Aristotle my friend ... Just kidding.

We are here to help you. We don't believe in banning or blacklisting (Even Avinash too). We like you just as you are. We don't put restrictions on how you should be on this forum. Just be as you are. Cheer up and I hope to see you more often here sharing your experiences.

- Sharing is Caring

Thanks all for your time in explaining your view more better to me. I do understand why you need the feedback. Sometimes I have won a software from a site and not know whick one I have won it from unless the e-mail say so specifically. As in Oster Backup Pro, I entered in several different sites and all I got was a serial # and congratulations. The e-mail came from Oster so I have no idea who I was suppose to thank. I live in America and at this time there is so much distrust and so much is being changed, our freedoms are being taken away, they want to monitor our internet usage, our electricity usage, and now wanting to tell us what we can eat and drink even to the point that they have the food police who will decide if a farmer can sell his food, if the grocery store or factory can be shut down. It is just crazy how we have let our leaders do this to us over the last few years. A person starts to take everything a little personal and have to watch out for themselves in all that they do. Yeah there is spies out there and right now it is our government.

The idea is good but sometimes winners may not willing or have no time to give their feedbacks. I think it is better to emphasize again on this RULE to have them reminded prior immediate cancellation of their winning chances.
    One thing I like to point out, as to each giveaway event, 2 licenses are reserved for Forum Members. Are these licenses to be given away in later Forum Giveaway during Christmas or ......?
    At the same time, I reckon Forum Member participate in the giveaway in Avinashtech Blog will have no comments shown on the Comments Remarks after giving their comments. Are they being separated or grouped under Forum Member Giveaway at a later stage?

I reckon "Suspension" or "Suspended from Giveaway" is better than "Black-listed". What do you think?
    Last edited by hakah; 18-12-10 at 08:07 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast