Thread: Comp keeps restarting

Comp keeps restarting

hi guys im not comin to forum and chatbox as comp keeps restarting. I hv disabled autorestart in case of sys failure option . checked powercable and ram. I think prob is with hdd. Any ideas guys

if u want i can post a speed fan log

thnx guys

pls hlp save me

Also if anyone knows can they give me the price of a new pc in inr

thnx

If you suspect that the problem is with HDD, then take out a linux live cd if you have, and start your Live cd and see if the restart happens again or not. If your pc restarts again, then the problem should be with something other than HDD.

Well... if system keep restarting, there may be some issues with some system files too. Try restoring your system to a back date. Generally it solves the restart problems. If still it doesnt help. do a full system scan with ur AV in safe mode.

If all fails, try doing a reformat and OS install.

Even if this doesnt solve your restart problem, then you can starting finding fault with HDD or any other hardware.

In most cases system restarts because of smps issue. Try checking whether its working properly or not....

1-power supply
    2-mainboard
    3-hdd

If you're able to, go to the command prompt and use the sfc /scannow function. It will check important system files and repair them if necessary. It is very easy to do and may correct the problem.

Open command Prompt

type sfc /scannow (there is a space between sfc and /scannow) then press enter.

When the scan is finished, restart your computer

Did you install any new hardware? like RAM, Graphics card, Mouse or anything else.

Security softwares can cause crashes too. I remember PC tools FW causing BSOD when I tried to install Returnil a year back.
    When I removed PCTFW the issue disappeared. Similarly your security software may be blocking some driver/software service.

Recently I installed Clean-mem on my dad's PC and whenever I tried to run CM, the computer restarted. I use KIS 2011 on that computer.
    But Cleanmem works fine on the other computers. So its incompatible with 1 PC

Try performing a system restore to see if it may solve the issue or ask a hardware technician to check your computer.

I reinstalled xp and everything is fine. For some reason win7 install hangs at extracting files. Now using kis which sam gave me

Thnx sam bro

Thnx alll if any probs ill seek help again

Quote Originally Posted by avibky View Post
    i reinstalled xp and everything is fine. For some reason win7 install hangs at extracting files. Now using kis which sam gave me

thnx sam bro

thnx alll if any probs ill seek help again

xp rocks

Ya xp rocks bro. Thnx jay. Where r u pls reply to my emails??