Thread: Need advice on a good data shredder

Need advice on a good data shredder

I am looking for member advice for a good data shredder. Preferably with shell integration (one with an option to click on a file you want to shred, right click and shred it). There was a freebee a while back the I liked that had shell integration (Data Shredder X? I don't remember) but it won't work now that I reformatted. If anyone has any suggestions to help me out, then I would greatly appreciate it. Would prefer one with Shell integration. Paid or free programs are both ok to suggest. I really like Lavasoft Privacy Toolbox (wish there were a giveaway for it), but I am not sure if I want to buy that one until I hear our members input on other suggestions.

Thank you all!

Edit: The Program that I had was called Protect Star Data Shredder 2.5 Pro. I put the license in and it says activation successful, but always goes back to the 10 day trial version.

Edit #2 I contacted Protect Star and they e-mailed me back right away. They provided me with a different License Key and all is working and activated with the software now. Great customer service from Protect Star!
    Last edited by Jeremy; 07-06-11 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Added aditional info.

TRy tune up file shredder part of tuneup utilities.

Protect Star is a fine data shredder.