Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which is the best Backup and hard-drive encryption?

Which is the best Backup and hard-drive encryption?

I have no clue about hard-disk encryption,but for backup I have shortlisted Mozy,Marcerium,Acronis and HandyBackup.So tell me what's your take on which is that special one that is complete and best?

Till now I have used Mozy and Acronis backup. Mozy is a online backup while Acronis is offline backup. Mozy does provide a good encryption but as i said its online and require you to pay for its subscription. Acronis just provides password protection to your backup but its not encryption.

I am still to test the the other two you mentioned.

For my own use, I use TRUECRYPT to backup and encrypt my hard drives and data. It provides excellant encryption algorithms. I always recommend truecrypt to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Avinash View Post
    Till now I have used Mozy and Acronis backup. Mozy is a online backup while Acronis is offline backup. Mozy does provide a good encryption but as i said its online and require you to pay for its subscription. Acronis just provides password protection to your backup but its not encryption.

I am still to test the the other two you mentioned.

For my own use, I use TRUECRYPT to backup and encrypt my hard drives and data. It provides excellant encryption algorithms. I always recommend truecrypt to everyone.
    Marcerium is well known but I have no idea about it,for Handy Backup I would say it has distinct feature of HDD image backup.TRUECRYPT is awesome but what about some paid ones which are much efficient and secure.

Quote Originally Posted by vivek View Post
    TRUECRYPT is awesome but what about some paid ones which are much efficient and secure.
    I just cant digest this conception of Paid ones being much more efficient and secure. Till now I haven't found any tool which provides better encryption than Truecrypt.

Also, A Paid product doesn't mean its better and more efficient or secure than Free ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Avinash View Post
    I just cant digest this conception of Paid ones being much more efficient and secure. Till now I haven't found any tool which provides better encryption than Truecrypt.

Also, A Paid product doesn't mean its better and more efficient or secure than Free ones?
    Actually what you said is absolutely true,I only asked about paid ones since I myself couldn't find anything better than TRUECRYPT.My sincere hope is that the TC developer's should constantly make TC even more better you know like upgrade,since nothing is totally secure.

The only reason I can find for encrypting an entire drive is in a mobile machine, like a netbook or a laptop. True Crypt is fine for sensitive folders or files, but strikes me as over-kill otherwise. The machines I work with are in secure environments; I've never had the problem, not that it's an impossibility! As always, ymmv.

I tried Paragon HD Manager & Acronis True Image and their pretty good paid programs with comprehensive features. I don't need so many features so I just use Windows backup & restore.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by darma View Post
    I tried Paragon HD Manager & Acronis True Image and their pretty good paid programs with comprehensive features. I don't need so many features so I just use Windows backup & restore.
    i never trust Windows backup & restore

Hello Everybody,
    Ahhh!I think I have finally found the best encryption software for hard disk
    This is definitely a Truecrypt killer if you got the bucks...
    The company is known as Dekart and believe it or not they provide a lot of encryption softwares for different purpose,most are available for free 30 day limit download with full features,no limitations at all,for others you need registeration.

Why I am so impressed with Dekarts' because unlike others there tools have a lot of features,no backdoor entry which is common with encryption utilities.What's even more awesome they also have a firewall in their tools that protects our hard disk from viruses,trojans and other intrusions.
    Overall the tools look foolproof and effective,Only downside is the cost,Which most of us can't afford to

You can visit their site see for yourself here

I would like to know your views on Dekart.

i Just went through the Dekart features of private disk. I still cant find it superior to Truecrypt. I don't know why people love paid apps even though a open source app is better than that.

May be I would love to hear why some of you guys don't like Truecrypt?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast