Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which is the best Backup and hard-drive encryption?

TrueCrypt is is overall good for basic encryption.Still I can't remember where I read that some TrueCrypt had some problems,let's not forget Dekart has more options and features.Yes I totally agree that a open source app is very good but the problem lies in updating,Dekart maybe a paid one but you have to admit it very promising and convincing...

Quote Originally Posted by vivek View Post
    TrueCrypt is is overall good for basic encryption.Still I can't remember where I read that some TrueCrypt had some problems,let's not forget Dekart has more options and features.Yes I totally agree that a open source app is very good but the problem lies in updating,Dekart maybe a paid one but you have to admit it very promising and convincing...
    It would be more convincing if you can tell which features are additional in Dekart? or superior?

True Crypt provides Encryption algorithms: AES-256, Serpent, and Twofish. All the best ones, while Dekart just provide 256 AES.

Quote Originally Posted by Avinash View Post
    It would be more convincing if you can tell which features are additional in Dekart? or superior?

True Crypt provides Encryption algorithms: AES-256, Serpent, and Twofish. All the best ones, while Dekart just provide 256 AES.
    Agreed Avinash that Delkart encryption is poorer compared to Trucrypt,Personally What I like is the Firewall feature it quite good...
    Hope you give the 30 day trial with full unlimited features a try maybe it throw some light...
    Last edited by vivek; 26-03-10 at 10:01 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12