Thread: Malware warning while opening Google reader Page (Home Page)

Malware warning while opening Google reader Page (Home Page)

Something weird happening, I am not sure what is wrong. I am getting this malware warning when I open chrome. The Home page is set to Google reader . When I refresh the page, Google reader page opens. Any ideas?

Warning: Something's Not Right Here! contains content from sokoloperkovuskedi.com, a site known to distribute malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site.
    Google has found malicious software may be installed onto your computer if you proceed. If you've visited this site in the past or you trust this site, it's possible that it has just recently been compromised by a hacker. You should not proceed, and perhaps try again tomorrow or go somewhere else.
    We have already notified sokoloperkovuskedi.com that we found malware on the site. For more about the problems found on sokoloperkovuskedi.com, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page.
    Attachment 315

Not sure what the issue is, will search about it.

In the meantime, uninstall/reinstall Chrome.

Run a full scan with MBAM

Quote Originally Posted by Ashwin View Post
    In the meantime, uninstall/reinstall Chrome.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, dont do that

Chrome worked perfectly and blocked a malware serving site

Quote Originally Posted by Raghav View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, dont do that

Chrome worked perfectly and blocked a malware serving site
    He has to make sure that his PC isn't infected. He can reinstall Chrome after scanning

no problem in reaching google.com/reader in Chrome

The issue remains. I have checked my system with MBAM and KIS. No issues. I am certain that its something to do with one of the feeds I have added in Google Reader.

Only thing left is, I will uninstall and install chrome again. Will update the thread when I uninstall it and install again. Hopefully the issue will be over, but my evil MOd sense says, it wont help. Anyway I will update.

Maybe due to a last visited site. Can you clear that and check whether it gives the same warning?

Quote Originally Posted by Avinash View Post
    The issue remains. I have checked my system with MBAM and KIS. No issues. I am certain that its something to do with one of the feeds I have added in Google Reader.

Only thing left is, I will uninstall and install chrome again. Will update the thread when I uninstall it and install again. Hopefully the issue will be over, but my evil MOd sense says, it wont help. Anyway I will update.
    did u try cleaning all history, etc from Chrome?
    also scan with SAS portable

Today, google identified the cause of warning itself and one of the blog feeds was infected. Looks that that blog got infected or hacked somehow. I removed the feed from my Google reader and now the warning is gone. Thanks everyone for the help.

Topic is over.

closing thread.