Thread: Chrome usage in windows 7 64 bit, memory - one tab open

Chrome usage in windows 7 64 bit, memory - one tab open

Just check the screenshot and do anyone of you got a clue of why so many chrome processes showing in Windows Task manager with just the one tab open? I have checked it often with one tab open and it remains same.

http://img814.imageshack.us/img814/8...romememory.png
    Attached Images Attached Images

Found this after a quick google search

"Chrome uses 2 processes,tabs use 1 & most extensions use 1 each"

Quote Originally Posted by Ashwin View Post
    Found this after a quick google search

"Chrome uses 2 processes,tabs use 1 & most extensions use 1 each"

lol and people hate Firefox for excess Memory usage. Chrome never worked as a stable browser for me till now, whenever I wanted to give it a fair try.

Quote Originally Posted by Avinash View Post
    lol and people hate Firefox for excess Memory usage. Chrome never worked as a stable browser for me till now, whenever I wanted to give it a fair try.
    same here

Multi-process web browser will soon be the trend avi. Don't worry FF will follow chrome here also. This increases the security and stability of a browser. This softpedia article will help you understand better
    Last edited by Alpha; 15-08-11 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Multi-process web browser will soon be the trend avi. Don't worry FF will follow chrome here also. This increases the security and stability of a browser. This softpedia article will help you understand better
    Arnab, I am aware of the Multi-process approach by Chrome. My whole point here was even with this multi-process approach, Google chrome is least stable (at least for me) and Always gives me one issue or the other whenever I want to give it a fair try.

Firefox on the other hand is still much more stable for me compared to Chrome.

That's why I use Firefox as my main browser and sometimes Opera. Both are stable and have extensions.

Arnab, I am aware of the Multi-process approach by Chrome. My whole point here was even with this multi-process approach, Google chrome is least stable (at least for me) and Always gives me one issue or the other whenever I want to give it a fair try.

Firefox on the other hand is still much more stable for me compared to Chrome.
    I agree....

Offcourse choices of browsers can vary but never faced any stability issues with either FF or chrome. Yes opera, when i have tried, was still buggy.