Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Windows XP forever?

Question Windows XP forever?

Microsoft will discontinue support and updates for Windows XP in 2014.

So, how many of you are still Windows XP users like me and will you continue using XP forever?
    Even after they stop updates?

Im not sure it is a good idea to stick to XP after they stop updates.
    Maybe i will upgrade to Win 7.

I am still on Windows XP on my desktop and have no intention to switch to Windows 7 though I have a licensed copy of windows 7.

My Laptop does have windows 7 which came pre-installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Avinash View Post
    I am still on Windows XP on my desktop and have no intention to switch to Windows 7 though I have a licensed copy of windows 7.

My Laptop does have windows 7 which came pre-installed.
    Only one friend of mine upgraded from Vista to Win 7, all others use XP :-)
    Almost 10 years since XP was released, if i remember correctly it came out in 2001.

Well Av, If your not planning on using that copy of windows 7. I would be willing to take it off your hands for you :P

Quote Originally Posted by TeXaCo View Post
    Well Av, If your not planning on using that copy of windows 7. I would be willing to take it off your hands for you :P
    I have just put that license as reserved, so that may be some day I need to upgrade

I have just put that license as reserved, so that may be some day I need to upgrade
    Nice one from you Avinash!
    I am using Windows XP Pro too,but when the updates stop I will switch over to windows 7 too.

Quote Originally Posted by vivek View Post
    Nice one from you Avinash!
    I am using Windows XP Pro too,but when the updates stop I will switch over to windows 7 too.
    That is still a long more than 4 years till 2014. So till 2014 you are sticking with XP? Perhaps I may stick to it till 2014 until something special happens.

That is still a long more than 4 years till 2014. So till 2014 you are sticking with XP? Perhaps I may stick to it till 2014 until something special happens.
    My dad uses an old HCL notebook with XP pro for his office work,.
    Will probably dump the notebook and buy a Dell laptop in a couple of months, and i will order a DELL OEM version of Win 7.

I would still prefer using XP, as anything above it required new hardware..

MS stopping updates is going to be of no use, as even W7 & Vista are much more vulnerable than XP..& moreover XP is much more stable than W7/Vista

Another thing do u ever hear of any vulnerability in W98 or W2K? no..right as nobody bothers to exploit it, as MS won't care...

Quote Originally Posted by Grr View Post
    I would still prefer using XP, as anything above it required new hardware..

MS stopping updates is going to be of no use, as even W7 & Vista are much more vulnerable than XP..& moreover XP is much more stable than W7/Vista

Another thing do u ever hear of any vulnerability in W98 or W2K? no..right as nobody bothers to exploit it, as MS won't care...
    True, hackers wont be interested in obsolete software. But still there is a high risk in XP.
    Hackers are aware that majority of the PC users worldwide still use XP, they might take advantage of it and wreck havoc.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast