Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which internetsecurity should i buy.

I have a doubt many avs including norton and quickheal allow me to download the eicar test file and only after that they recognize and delete it. IF u see kaspersky and avast on the other hand instantly terminate the connection. Does that mean that norton and quickheal are not strong products please clarify. Also when i download zip archives of eicar norton and quickheal only remove the virus after its extraction or manul scan. Why so. Again kaspersky and avast block the download. Any ideas thnx.

I use NIS 2012. I know in my case, as soon as I download a malicious file it quarantines or deletes it immediately before I even touch the file. I also have had cases that during download it will terminate the download stating it contains a malicious file. With the Norton community feature, a good majority of the time it will tell you that a specific site is known for malware or viruses and will block the site from even loading without the user's confirmation that you are sure you want to. And in which case it won't let you download it without user intervention and confirmation that you are sure you want to download the file. Even after that it will delete or quarantine it immediately. And if for some reason you are able to download a malicious file, Norton NIS scans the file when you try to execute it before actual execution and will delete or quarantine it.

I can now confirm that quickheal 2012 instantly kills download when it is 99pc complete. It even does the same for zip files. http and ssl downloads are treated alike. I am settling for quickheal. Forgot i even started a thread. Mods its time to close the thread. Thanks everyone.

If anyone wants recommendations for AV go for quickheal(internetsecurity or total security) or Norton. Wont recommend kis had bad experience with it. Thanks guys. !

I have just 1 day left in my KIS 2012 license. But then again i am not worried since i have few licenses on my kitty . Anyway thanks bala for sharing your experience and finally deciding on what to use.

Good. You renew your kis license or buy new kis boxed edition?. Not changing avs arn?.

None of them bala, i already have got few licenses. I am still happy with KIS so no question of changing it.

Oh ok. Thanks for sharing the info. Kis gives me probs with updates so dumped it.

Quote Originally Posted by avibky View Post
    Oh ok. Thanks for sharing the info. Kis gives me probs with updates so dumped it.

Working fine for me. Agree, updates are slow.

License expiring in 75 days

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12