Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Online Armor 5.1 Final version has been released

Online Armor 5.1 Final version has been released

Download page:

What is new in Online Armor 5.1?

Greatly increased compatibility and stability with other applications
    We focused on improving the compatibility and stability of Online Armor in conjunction with products like Google Chrome, Sandboxie, Panda Cloud AV and others.

Overhauled white list settings
    We changed the white list settings slightly. In addition it is now possible to optionally trust all digitally signed files that were signed using a certificate that hasn't been used in connection with fraudulent or malicious activities in the past.

New upload feature
    You are not sure about a certain program? You can now easily upload it to the Emsisoft Anti-Malware Network and get the file scanned using Emsisoft Anti-Malware.

More than 100 other bug fixes
    More than 100 reported bugs and issues in Online Armor 5.0 are fixed in 5.1. Those fixes include for example a recently reported vulnerability with Sinowal drive-by downloads, freezes during the SCW, freezes when executing applications from network shares, various Online Armor GUI freezes, cases where Online Armor forgot about certain application rules as well as many others.
    How do I install Online Armor 5.1?
    Just download and execute the setup linked above. If Online Armor was already installed and you don't want to lose your settings make sure to choose an "Upgrade" installation.

source via:

"We changed the white list settings slightly. In addition it is now possible to optionally trust all digitally signed files that were signed using a certificate that hasn't been used in connection with fraudulent or malicious activities in the past."

That is great. OA is blocking about everything at the moment.

Thanks for the information Ashwin . I hope OA is better than the previous version with which I had problem, will install OA 5.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Corno View Post
    "We changed the white list settings slightly. In addition it is now possible to optionally trust all digitally signed files that were signed using a certificate that hasn't been used in connection with fraudulent or malicious activities in the past."

That is great. OA is blocking about everything at the moment.
    Which version are you using? I was using v 5 beta. Just updated to the stable version.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel View Post
    Thanks for the information Ashwin . I hope OA is better than the previous version with which I had problem, will install OA 5.1.
    What problem?

Never used a standalone FW as i prefer security suits but heard many good things about this. Hope i can soon try this out. Thanks for the heads-up ash

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks Ashwin
    few days back i installed Online Armor 5, it used to stop by windows explorer unexpectedly.
    one of their module was faulty uninstalled it and no issues now

Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil View Post
    Thanks Ashwin
    few days back i installed Online Armor 5, it used to stop by windows explorer unexpectedly.
    one of their module was faulty uninstalled it and no issues now
    Do you use Sandboxie? I read that OA 5 was incompatible with some apps

Quote Originally Posted by Ashwin View Post
    Do you use Sandboxie? I read that OA 5 was incompatible with some apps
    Nope i don't use Sandboxie.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil View Post
    Nope i don't use Sandboxie.
    I am not sure why it would close explorer for you. I have lesser RAM than your PC does and it runs fine for me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast