Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TouchPal Keyboard 4.8 released with time-limited free downloads

Quote Originally Posted by Zug View Post
    Yeah.. after testing it out the edit button was really nice.. the smiley button is nice as well.. will keep testing it.. but this and the newest swype beta so far my 2 fav.. might look at the dialer.. but so far one on my rom (using Aura on my Atrix) is working fine.. dunno what hte T9 thing is really ;P ohh.. and my dialer is themed for mine as well.. so nother reason to keep it :P
    Glad to know you like it

T9 is Text on 9 keys. You may find it on older phones. Number 2 on the keypad has ABC. if you want to type C you have to tap it thrice. (I hate this format ...lol)

But with other dialers when I pressed 2 it would go to a contact whose phone number had 2 in it. (that's really weird. I can't memorize hundreds of numbers now can I ? )

That's why i chose TP. Pressing 2 will take me to the names starting with A, and 4 with G and so on. Easy for me. yay \\o//
    For eg: I have to press 274 for Ash
    http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/...hpalDialer.png

Quote Originally Posted by Avinash View Post
    Yup all those that you mentioned and plus few more which I don't even remember.
    Ok. If you find one better than TP, do tell me

Quote Originally Posted by Ashwin View Post

That's why i chose TP. Pressing 2 will take me to the names starting with A, and 4 with G and so on. Easy for me. yay
    Well, when you press 2 it searches your phone contacts with all three letters on 2 i.e. A, B and C and it applies to each button. So its great.

If you find one better than TP, do tell me
    Sure and Same applies to you. Tell me if you find anything better which I doubt ... but still who knows

Well, when you press 2 it searches your phone contacts with all three letters on 2 i.e. A, B and C and it applies to each button. So its great.
    But it didn't list them alphabetically. it confused me too much.
    Why make the most basic thing on a phone the most compicated one?

Sure and Same applies to you. Tell me if you find anything better which I doubt ... but still who knows
    Sure

But it didn't list them alphabetically. it confused me too much.
    Why make the most basic thing on a phone the most compicated one?
    Its bcoz it searches your contacts using all the combination and permutation of letters that are on keys you type. So if you type 2,3 and 4... it will search with A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I and all its combinations which matches with anything from your contacts list and not necessarily from start but even from within names in between.

Thanks Ashwin
    i did tried the beta version but found it heavy, even it looks heavy.
    currently using Swift X KB ( Thanks to Ashwin ) but not as Good as Swype.
    i love Swype
    PS: i too use the Touchpal Dialer and its awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil View Post
    Thanks Ashwin
    i did tried the beta version but found it heavy, even it looks heavy.
    currently using Swift X KB ( Thanks to Ashwin ) but not as Good as Swype.
    i love Swype
    PS: i too use the Touchpal Dialer and its awesome
    Try Touchpal KB again. its awesome. they have fixed many bugs

They have updated it again....weird that it should have the same version number.

Anyway here is the changelog:

1. TouchPal Curve allows you to pause in the middle of a word to get prediction. You can slide only a very small part to finish a long word.

2. Multilingual support including Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Portuguese, Brazil, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Pinyin, Wubi, Chinese Handwriting, and Chinese Traditional Bopomofo.

Touchpal version 5 is out. I already installed it

Not sure if it is officially out or just leaked, so I am not gonna post screenshots here

the v5 is a "chinese" made version that has updates that 4.8 doesnt have .. it is supposed to be more accurate, support themese, and a few more things.. those are the 2 that most are happy about.. backing up mine and DLd the v5 to try it out

Quote Originally Posted by Zug View Post
    the v5 is a "chinese" made version that has updates that 4.8 doesnt have .. it is supposed to be more accurate, support themese, and a few more things.. those are the 2 that most are happy about.. backing up mine and DLd the v5 to try it out
    Apparently v4.8 wasn't released in China. They released v5 for them.

A cool feature of Touchpal v5 is: Tilt to change the keypad. (from qwerty, cootek plus, or t9)

Btw you can download 12 themes for v5:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast