Thread: Which keyboard do you use on your Android Phone?

Which keyboard do you use on your Android Phone?

I use a lot of keyboards. Which is your favorite keyboard?

Currently using:
    Gingerbread keyboard
    LG Keyboard (dunno why, but I like it. I flashed it from recovery)
    Swiftkey X: (first choice)
    Swype Beta
    Touchpal Curve

I love Swiftkey's mind reading prediction. Have to barely tap 1 or 2 keys to text. LOL

II currently am using Touchpal to keep testing it and Swype Beta... those are my 2 favs.. i tried out the swiftkey X but i wasn't a fan.. i really like the swyping of the KB versus sitting there tapping and a lot of the time time, i am not looking at it to see the predictions so that doesnt work for me :P

I have 4 Keyboards installed.
    GB Default, Swype, TouchPal and Swift X
    i like swyping than tapping each word so for me its Swype and Touchpal

Thanks guys

I like swyping too, but sometimes it is error prone

That's why I have multiple Keyboards to switch easily

Quote Originally Posted by Ashwin View Post
    Thanks guys I like swyping too, but sometimes it is error prone That's why I have multiple Keyboards to switch easily
    Yeah.. both Swype and Touchpal Curve can be pretty error prone.. i honestly see Swype being a little better at handling it so far since I have been using touchpal.. many times with TP< I have had to erase and start over... swype seemed to handle it a tad better. .but there are other features that I like about TP better, the keyboard layout, the swype down to do the punctuations, the smiley button and more.. will keep an eye out and post as i seem to use it more. on a side note.. have you guys tried CM7 much?? Atrix is still in pre-beta, so right now been tempted. .but a few things still not funtional (like the finger swipe for lock etc..and webtop) i can live without webtop since dont use it to much, but the finger swipe i really like... so tempted to wait till beta at least... but was wondering if really worth it?? right now got a decent set up with a nice theme i like.. so just not 100% sure yet zug

Quote Originally Posted by Zug View Post
    Yeah.. both Swype and Touchpal Curve can be pretty error prone.. i honestly see Swype being a little better at handling it so far since I have been using touchpal.. many times with TP< I have had to erase and start over... swype seemed to handle it a tad better. .but there are other features that I like about TP better, the keyboard layout, the swype down to do the punctuations, the smiley button and more.. will keep an eye out and post as i seem to use it more. on a side note.. have you guys tried CM7 much?? Atrix is still in pre-beta, so right now been tempted. .but a few things still not funtional (like the finger swipe for lock etc..and webtop) i can live without webtop since dont use it to much, but the finger swipe i really like... so tempted to wait till beta at least... but was wondering if really worth it?? right now got a decent set up with a nice theme i like.. so just not 100% sure yet zug
    Swype Keyboard has been around for a long time and was designed for one purpose...Swyping
    Touchpal Curve is just a fledgeling amongst Swyping Input keyboards. Hopefully they will improve it to compete with the big one.
    Btw, Go Keyboard also has swyping input and its also free

Been using CM7 for around 3 months and I love it I will never go back to the stock ROM or any official GB that LG release.

Finger swipe unlock is a unique feature of Atrix, I read that it uses a smart sensor (fingerprint scanner) for this.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Ashwin View Post
    Swype Keyboard has been around for a long time and was designed for one purpose...Swyping Touchpal Curve is just a fledgeling amongst Swyping Input keyboards. Hopefully they will improve it to compete with the big one. Btw, Go Keyboard also has swyping input and its also free Been using CM7 for around 3 months and I love it I will never go back to the stock ROM or any official GB that LG release. Finger swipe unlock is a unique feature of Atrix, I read that it uses a smart sensor (fingerprint scanner) for this.
    yeah.. the problem with the sensor is that it is not a feature of android so the CM guys are having a tough time getting it to work they are working on it though as it is a good feature that a lot of us like and a reason lots got the phone.. so, once they release their beta version I think i might give it a go and see how I like it and just deal without the webtop or finger scanner for a bit.. yeah.. swype has been great. hopefully touchpal will increase its accuracy a bit and top swype in all fields