Thread: ESET 5 Final Now Available

Thumbs up ESET 5 Final Now Available

ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5

ESET NOD32 Antivirus is the most effective protection you can find to combat today's huge volumes of Internet and email threats. It provides comprehensive antivirus and antispyware protection without affecting your computer's performance. Using advanced ThreatSense® technology, ESET NOD32 Antivirus proactively protects you from new attacks, even during the critical first hours when other vendors' products aren't aware the attack even exists. ESET NOD32 Antivirus detects and disables both known and unknown viruses, trojans, worms, adware, spyware, rootkits and other Internet threats.
    Whats new
    ESET Live Grid - Cloud-powered scanning delivers optimized real-time protection against Internet threats and social media exploits.
    Gamer Mode - Lets you focus on your online sessions or important work tasks without distractions.
    Enhanced Media Control - Automatically scans all USB flash drives, memory cards and CDs/DVDs. Block removable media based on type of media, manufacturer, size and other attributes.
    Advanced HIPS Functionality - This one is for real geeks – now you can customize the behavior of the system in greater detail: specify rules for the system registry, active processes and programs, and fine-tune your security posture.

ESET Smart Security 5

ESET Smart Security is a fully integrated security solution and includes antivirus, anti-spyware, a personal firewall and antispam. While some competitive solutions purport to have similar functionality, ESET has developed a unique approach that provides true and full integration of point security solutions. The key advantage of this approach is that individual protection modules are able to communicate together seamlessly, to create unparalleled synergy to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of protection. Moreover, the integrated architecture guarantees optimal utilization of system resources, so ESET Smart Security continues ESET's well know reputation for providing rock solid security in a small footprint that will not slow down an individual's computer.

whats new ?
    Parental Control - Protects your family from potentially offensive web content by blocking various website categories.
    Optimized Startup Procedure - No more waiting for signature database download to complete – ESET Smart Security 5 lets you start working immediately after booting, without compromising your security.

Got the news nik. Thnx for the share. I hope tremendous improvements have come in its firewall.

I will skip this as no interest in NOD.

I'm running v4 of the antivirus on a machine.I guess complete reinstall is the way to go with this.

Quote Originally Posted by clyde View Post
    I'm running v4 of the antivirus on a machine.I guess complete reinstall is the way to go with this.
    yes Clyde, It won't automatically upgrade to v5.
    you can install it on the top of v4 but not recommended better uninstall v4 and do a fresh installation of v5

Quote Originally Posted by clyde View Post
    I downloaded the v5 installer and installed over v4, took a lot of time (more than 30 minutes), so I think it's better to uninstall v4 first.

Upgraded to the V5 of this yesterday morning with no problems at all