Thread: Connecting to Avinashtech

Connecting to Avinashtech

The past few days since we had issues with the server here I have not been able to connect to the forum or blog with my desktop or laptop. Avinash advised me to restart my modem which made no differnce at all.
    The website is now back up and working and the only way I seem to be able to connect is through a proxy or vpn which I am using at the moment thanks to the giveaway Avinashtech had. I have tried several options and still no sucess with my standard internet connection. I have no problems going to any other website and would like some help in solving this problem. I have also tried troubleshooting with my desktop and got the following ---> Any advice from yall would be welcomed.
    Last edited by Mike; 14-09-11 at 07:51 AM.

Please try to ping the blog/forum to see if u r able to reach here.It might happen that something is blocking in between, may be ur ISP-Road Runner

I use the same ISP as Mike (Roadrunner) however we connect to different boxes. I haven't personally had a problem connecting at all.

If you are able to connect to other websites without a problem then
    there is likely a problem somewhere between your computer and the host server. Diagnosing a problem like this can be methodical. You can ping the server or do a traceroute to try to locate where the problem lies. Since you are able to connect to other websites it could be a standard glitch, which are the majority of internet connection problems and should be back to normal soon. If this persists then you definitely want to run some tests. Does traceroute show a complete path to the server? If it does, then the server is working but there is a problem with the actual website (which I don't think is the case). If it does not show a complete path to the server, there is a breakdown between yourself and the server. The traceroute will tell you where.

*Edit:
    Since you have been messing with proxies, you could try using the release/renew IP command. It may not work but it won't hurt to try and is simple to do.

1)Go to Start > Run and type "cmd" (no quotes), then select "OK"
    2)Type "ipconfig /release" (no quotes) and press "Enter"
    3)Once the prompt returns, type "ipconfig /renew" (no quotes), then hit "Enter,"
    4)Finally, type "exit" (without quotes) then press "Enter" to close the window
    Last edited by Jeremy; 14-09-11 at 08:56 AM.

Do not use Chrome.

I'm facing problem in access forum/blog from Chrome

Yes mike, try to ping avinashtech using the instructions given by Jeremy. Depending on the output of ping, we can decide whether the problem is with your computer or network or the host itself.

Waiting for you reply

I had the same problem and Avi advised me to restart the modem to get a new IP.

This won't work if you have a static IP. Also restarting the modem, could also erase the router settings and you may need to set it up again.

Just sent Mike's IP to host guys to check if its blocked. If its blocked, then the issue will be solved.

Update:

Mike just told me the issue is solved now.

I must have been blocked as of this morning I am able to connect just fine with no problems at all. I want to thank everyone for their input and hopefully no more problems will come up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I must have been blocked as of this morning I am able to connect just fine with no problems at all. I want to thank everyone for their input and hopefully no more problems will come up.
    Just got reply from webhost guys that the IPs were blocked during a attack on server and were temporary. All blocks have been removed now.