Thread: Broswers..??

Broswers..??

Ok.. so as normal, I have the most recent FF that I normally use as my main.. recently been seeing more and more on Comodo Dragon.. I LOVE their firewall program and figured I would give it a shot.. appears that it is basically Google Chrome but supposedly "better"... even on their site they mention that it is based off all of the best of Chrome and then more secure, and other things..

I was wondering if any is using it and has some experience on it as to whether it worth keeping or not.. so far it seems to be quick and looks nice.. just wondering how it compares to FF

Zug

I must say Zug you have come to the right place, but at the wrong time . Right place, because here you will get to know more about Comodo Dragon for sure and wrong time because from the person you will get to know more in currently offline. I know Sam, a respectable member and a blogger, had tried it and can surely give you some insights about it. I am sure he will be online tomorrow and till then you have to wait.

Till then continue using FF

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I must say Zug you have come to the right place, but at the wrong time . Right place, because here you will get to know more about Comodo Dragon for sure and wrong time because from the person you will get to know more in currently offline. I know Sam, a respectable member and a blogger, had tried it and can surely give you some insights about it. I am sure he will be online tomorrow and till then you have to wait.

Till then continue using FF

Thank you
    Thanks.. I saw him saying he had used it in another post when I did a search, but search didn't really bring up anything that somewhat "reviewed" it hence the post.. but for now.. just trying it out.. not doing anything that I would say is secure just in case.. but trying out their incognito mode as well :P

Hi Zug,

Comodo Dragon is a good browser and is very much the same as Google Chrome. It gives you more security features, it uses Comodo DNS by default to filter out unsafe websites, you can start your browser directly in Incognito mode, moreover it won't send any information to Google etc... you can check the above link given by ashwin to see more features of Comodo.

Now, coming to your question, comparing it to FF... a difficult one to do . Both browsers are good and I think it is just a personal choice. Chromium based browsers are faster than firefox, whereas Firefox has huge number of addons than Chrome and hence it offers better customization that Chrome.

I've been using Comodo Dragon since a long time. It is good, except that it gives you more number of warnings especially regarding SSL certificates. Many websites use https: for login pages and Comodo Dragon marks many of those certificates as low-quality ones, even those certificates which are offered by well known companies like Thwate etc. So, everytime when you goto https site, Comodo Dragon will show you warning and you have to click on Ignore everytime. That's the only problem. But now with latest version 14, Comodo Dragon comes with an option to disable such warnings. By default, it is ON. So, you have to turn it off by changing Comodo Dragon settings.

Hope this helps

Thanks you two.. think I will keep trying out CD for a bit..so far everything seems to be working well.. so will see how it goes

Zug