Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stealth all ports in Kaspersky and configure it for max security.

Quote Originally Posted by avibky View Post
    Yup sam very right i was using this setup, with trend micro titanium 2012. But yet soemtimes my programs could not connect to the net. Thats why i asked clyde if he had a behaviour blocker it will analyse programs and if suspicious ones try to connect it will opo a warning. Configuring windows firewall if you are non geek is a challenging task. It took 2-3days for me to learn how to properly use it.
    You are right bala. Even though Firewall in Windows 7 is very good, I'm forced to use 3rd party firewall, just because of its unfriendly interface and incomplete notification system which never notifies if an outbound connection is blocked. I hope they'll improve firewall in Win 8

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel View Post
    You are right bala. Even though Firewall in Windows 7 is very good, I'm forced to use 3rd party firewall, just because of its unfriendly interface and incomplete notification system which never notifies if an outbound connection is blocked. I hope they'll improve firewall in Win 8
    no, lets hope for Win 12 .lol

No grr i think it will come before. Do u even know why did ms introduce an av in the first place. So that it can control that market too. People will think who better than the creator of windows know to protect windows pc. I seriously doubt that day is not far away when we will have ms internetsecurity too(preinstalled). I would be the first one to kick it out, bcuz security and ms are very far way. And security by ms is a big joke. It is better we have many avs as it would be tough for malware makers. Suppose theres a malaware which targets KIS all other security softwares would be safe. If everyone migrated to ms security it would be the dream come true for a malaware maker.

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

Jeremy it is recommended u do a port test with ur software firewall by disabling your router.

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

Yup clyde pls keep that in mind. But if u want u can also use your router too np.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12