Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M86 Secure Browsing

M86 Secure Browsing

A new link scanner and link checker like Avg link scanner, here is M86 Secure Browsing.
    From M86 website
    M86 SecureBrowsing makes it safe to search, surf and socialize online. This free browser plug-in displays security icons next to links on search engines such as Google and Bing; in web-based email like Gmail and Yahoo; and on social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Secure Browsing even works on HTTPS version of these sites, so you'll know which pages are safe and which ones to avoid.
    Have not tried it but surely gonna try it.

Link to M86 Secure Browsing:

too many of them

Quote Originally Posted by Grr View Post
    too many of them
    +1.

more crap. WOT page doesn't look good.

There are many such addons which affect the browsing experience. Better use known ones
    Last edited by Ashwin; 30-10-11 at 08:26 PM. Reason: added some info

Soon the search result page will filled with red/green/yellow dots and we won't be able to see the actual result

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Soon the search result page will filled with red/green/yellow dots and we won't be able to see the actual result
    Sadly, that's what is happening now. Hope professional testing companies will compare these kind of addons and tell us which is the best.

Quote Originally Posted by avibky View Post
    I still preffer LinkScanner.
    You should try BitDefender Traffic Light.

I use it alongside WOT, but WOT can be misused by "communities".

You could also try LinkExtend which uses databases from a number of good link scanners like Norton Safe Web, Google Safe Browsing, PCTools Browser Defender, etc.

My advice, stick to 1 or 2. Too many addons will cause your browser to consume excessive memory and lead to a laggy performance.

If you want additional security, use a Sandboxing software.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashwin View Post
    You should try BitDefender Traffic Light.

I use it alongside WOT, but WOT can be misused by "communities".

You could also try LinkExtend which uses databases from a number of good link scanners like Norton Safe Web, Google Safe Browsing, PCTools Browser Defender, etc.

My advice, stick to 1 or 2. Too many addons will cause your browser to consume excessive memory and lead to a laggy performance.

If you want additional security, use a Sandboxing software.
    installing so many reduced browsing speed, increases memory consumption by browser = = Browser crash.

I just rely on my Firewall

@Grr
    Try TrafficLight and WOT, perfect combo and does a great job. You have 4GB DDR3 ram, why you are so concerned with the memory usage?? Though Kaspersky also have a link advisor but still i use the above two for more securing browsing.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    @Grr
    Try TrafficLight and WOT, perfect combo and does a great job. You have 4GB DDR3 ram, why you are so concerned with the memory usage?? Though Kaspersky also have a link advisor but still i use the above two for more securing browsing.
    Somehow in any given case my RAM is 70-75% used....so I refrain from any addons..

btw I use Vmware-XP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast