Thread: Roboform 7 Pro: Discussion and Review/ feedback

Roboform 7 Pro: Discussion and Review/ feedback

After winning a license to Roboform, I was excited to try it out. The install went perfect without a hitch. Roboform was up and running and all I had to do was find a way to import all my passwords. Although roboform gives a good number of import/export options from many programs, it did not have the option to import them from Sticky Password which is what I normally use. I did try to export them out of sticky password as a txt file and an xml file but was unsuccessful in importing them into roboform.

I finally decided to export my file to lastpass and then import them into roboform from lastpass which did end up working.

I have yet to run into a website that roboform has trouble with although there may be some out there. I know that I have run into a few sites that sticky password has trouble with. Either way I am very happy with that part of the program.

The one downfall to roboform that I see and have been unsuccessful in figuring out a workaround is that on firefox you must keep the toolbar open at all times to have access to the button to click to enter your password. I am not very fond of toolbars but I am still hoping there is a workaround for it. That is where sticky password has one up on roboform. Sticky password has a small icon that sits up at the top of the screen where you can just click it and access your password info.

All in all Roboform is a great program that just plain works on most all sites. The only downside if there is one is the toolbar. They need to make a roboform button.
    Last edited by TeXaCo; 25-11-11 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TeXaCo View Post
    After winning a license to Roboform, I was excited to try it out. The install went perfect without a hitch. Roboform was up and running and all I had to do was find a way to import all my passwords. Although roboform gives a good number of import/export options from many programs, it did not have the option to import them from Sticky Password which is what I normally use. I did try to export them out of sticky password as a txt file and an xml file but was unsuccessful in importing them into roboform.

I finally decided to export my file to lastpass and then import them into roboform from lastpass which did end up working.

I have yet to run into a website that roboform has trouble with although there may be some out there. I know that I have run into a few sites that sticky password has trouble with. Either way I am very happy with that part of the program.

The one downfall to roboform that I see and have been unsuccessful in figuring out a workaround is that on firefox you must keep the toolbar open at all times to have access to the button to click to enter your password. I am not very fond of toolbars but I am still hoping there is a workaround for it. That is where sticky password has one up on roboform. Sticky password has a small icon that sits up at the top of the screen where you can just click it and access your password info.

All in all Roboform is a great program that just plain works on most all sites. The only downside if there is one is the toolbar. They need to make a roboform button.

I hate the toolbar as well, its just too big and ugly. Occupies an entire line below the address bar in FireFox

Thanks TeXaCo for your inputs

Why don't you give a similar feedback to RoboForm guys? If they like the idea they might remove the toolbar in the upcoming versions.
    Btw thanks for sharing your experience with us.

I am not a fan of application's toolbar either but barring this one. I like RoboForm upper toolbar for Mozilla Firefox. It gives me additional space for fully displaying Firefox persona. This is a missed feature in Google Chrome due to Google which has removed the upper toolbar in order to maintain the minimalistic looks of Chrome. In fact, if you visit RoboForm Lite extension page for Chrome then you will see the low rating it scores and one of the cause is the absent of upper toolbar. Many users seemed to have been accustomed to it. RoboForm has had quite a hard time with Chrome and their misfortune was made use beautifully by LastPass.

Tell you what TeXaCo, if you are using RoboForm Everywhere on desktop PCs, you may set the upper tolbar to not being displayed by going to Firefox Menu Bar, then uncheck RoboForm Toolbar at the View tab. Later, you can operate RoboForm from Taskbar Icon which resides in System Tray and consider it as a RoboForm button. Hope this will work the fuss around!

Why don't you give a similar feedback to RoboForm guys?
    Done

After they went back on their lifetime license agreement, I gave up on them since then, also they didn't provide free upgrade to the next version or any discount for it.I too agree the toolbar is plain ugly.TeXaCo, I think you should go with Sticky Password, heard a lot of good things about it, another alternative would be 1Password.

Siber Systems do give $10 discount to existing users. $19,95 for upgrading to RoboForm 7.

If you get a RoboForm "Anywhere" license, all upgrades are free including major updates as long as your license is still valid. As far as the toolbar goes, I personally like it. In Firefox, it is rather small and non-intrusive and makes it easy to access your logins, password generator etc. But that is just my opinion.