Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WebSite-Watcher Review and 5 License keys Giveaway

After 1 year, you will not get any updates.

I use WebSite-Watcher myself and the program is a REAL deal! A genuine diamond amongst gems. There are few software made me prayed grace to God for having them with me and WebSite-Watcher is one of them. If Internet Download Manager is to be said as the best download manager then WebSite-Watcher deserves to have the throne shared as the best bookmark manager.

There is Outertech's Linkman which claims itself as the best of the best bookmark manager available but I don’t really see how it is capable of holding a candle against WebSite-Watcher. Yes, Linkman is formidable on the business but Linkman is tagged 19 Euro for its paid edition while WebSite-Watcher, depends on the edition you buy, may cost you up to 99 Euro. That should split the table between them from the first place.

WebSite-Watcher, however, is not yet another bookmark manager. It is a set of site browsing and monitoring tool. First of all, it "borrrows" Internet Explorer and makes use of it as internal browser. Then a built-in download manager enters if we come across files we wish to download. And to wrap the Internet facing ability, a plugin called Local Website Archive can be attached for offline browsing. While as to monitors changes, WebSite-Watcher offers advanced technology with plugins and scripting, i.e. PDF Plugin, Local Website Archive, AutoWatch, AutoFix, and Macro. Check Macro might be one of the most notably feature because it allows us to monitor changes in password protected-pages. With this Macro, for instance, I can check if there are any new private messages within the inbox of my Avinastech Forum account or recent activities on Chatbox without having to actually log in. A very expert in using WebSite-Watcher can save up to thousands of hours of his/her browsing time.

But no egg that doesn’t hatch. That said, WebSite-Watcher has a minor con. There has not been found a perfect integration method for Google Chrome. Perfect integration with a certain external web browser means you can add a new page onto WebSite-Watcher's bookmark list with right-click context menu within the corresponding external browser. That is the fact, no "Add to Website-watcher" context menu for Chrome users yet. This is a problem caused by Google API that other great programs like IDM, Snagit, RoboForm, or Ad Muncher also suffer from. No such problem in Mozilla Firefox and other Mozilla-based browsers since there is a WebSite-Watcher add-on for them. The same goes for Opera.

Luckily, the WebSite-Watcher eye icon placed at the upper right corner of any external browsers can work this around for this moment. In most cases, this eye icon exists like a drop basket and does the job well. The least cases is when you run Chrome under DefenseWall "Untrusted" protection. The icon dissapears temporarily after you click on other program's interface and then somehow, it reappears mysteriously. To add the "strangeness", I found this issue is not produced in Firefox even if I run Firefox under DefenseWall.

Quote Originally Posted by Grr View Post
    Thanks Avi & Arnab

As the license is for 1 year, what happens after 1 year:

reverts to trial

or

No updates.
    Yes, no further updates but you can use WebSite-Watcher of the last covered build for lifetime if you wish to.
    Last edited by corker; 29-11-11 at 04:04 PM.

Merged the two threads for better discussion.

Also, you can count me in too.

It looks like a superb software and after seeing the comments of Bionic and Corker, I've decided to give some competition Count me in Alpha and Thanks for the wonderful review

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Avinash View Post
    Merged the two threads for better discussion.

Also, you can count me in too.
    Avi also? Am I seeing this for the first time? Then I really want this software

Perhaps it would be more clear to others if you add a few additional pictures, Arnab.

Here, let me help you by posting my own screenshots:

Above is WebSite-Watcher highlighting recent changes on Avinastech Forum. With this highlighting system, I can be quickly informed which topic is updated, when it is updated and who makes the update.

And this image resembles the WebSite-Watcher eye icon I talked about. It is placed at the upper right corner of SRWare Iron, allowing instant addition of new bookmark and fast swap between Iron and WebSite-Watcher itself.
    Last edited by corker; 29-11-11 at 04:11 PM.

10-15 page. thanks for very good review and very nice contest!!! count me in please.

How wonderful it is!
    It does monitor many web,website,blog,forum and so on.And I find it is more helpful to know changes from our forum
    than the other tools.Espesicially I can use it to get the news and the newest software,hot blog posts.

Everyday I need to check 70-80 pages about softs and some forums.

Nice Giveaway. I do visit 35-40 sites in a day. Count me in. Thanks.

I suppose the time to announce the winners is coming and at this rate, Bionic is definetely going to win a license while the rest have to rely on pure luck.
    Last edited by corker; 05-12-11 at 02:58 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast