Thread: Sony Ericsson issue

Sony Ericsson issue

Im really not sure where to post this,since it is not a computer issue but a mobile related issue,well here goes

IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS WITH A SONY ERICSSON MOBILE read this

Symptoms:OPERATION FAILED, JAVA APPS and GAMES NOT WORKING

RESOLUTION: USE UPDATE SERVICE TO PERFORM FLASHING, AND REINSTALL THE SOFTWARE

Continue reading for details

I have been using Sony k530i, a 3g enabled mobile, since 2007.
    I use it for browsing through Airtel, mainly for twitter and checking mails.
    Yesterday i was using my memory card on a USB memory card reader to transfer some songs, since its faster than bluetooth,
    and something happened to all my Java softwares and games on my mobile.

They were duplicated, i.e, each application had its own double and when i tried to delete either it said , Operation failed,
    I was stunned, i thought my mobile had crashed and immediately thought of contacting tech support,
    i sent them a mail regarding my issue, they havent replied yet, but i managed to resolve the issue, here is how.

I downloaded Sony update service from their official website and performed a usb flashing,
    (I have done something similar with Acer Asprire One for many of our customers, while i was working with Acer as a tech support exec )
    Anyway after flashing my phone, it said OS software is already updated and offered to reinstall the software in case it wasnt working.
    (It means reinstalling the phone like when it was made in the factory, pretty cool).

I downloaded the software (24 mb) from the update service, and it was successfully reinstalled and the issue no longer exists. Great :-)
    I have installed Snaptu, UCWEB, Opera Mini, Gmail app, Tea Shark, everything works perfectly now.
    Actually i faced the same issue in 2007,( a game download failed) and had to take it to the service centre and it took some time for rectifying it,but now i resolved it within a few minutes at the comfort of my home.

The reason im posting this here, i searched in google and saw many SE users had this issue but they dont know how to resolve it. But now you do.

Thanks for reading

Avinash Guest

Re: Sony Ericsson issue

Quote Originally Posted by ashwin
    I downloaded Sony update service from their official website and performed a usb flashing,
    Flashing a phone is very dangerous if the user doesnt know what he is doing. As you had the knowhow to do it, it was easy. But for average user, flashing a phone is too risky. It may Brick their phone.

I have done flashing on my HTC few times to update the OS which was not officially supported and I know how difficukt the process can be for a average user.

Quote Originally Posted by Avinash
    Flashing a phone is very dangerous if the user doesnt know what he is doing. As you had the knowhow to do it, it was easy. But for average user, flashing a phone is too risky. It may Brick their phone.

I have done flashing on my HTC few times to update the OS which was not officially supported and I know how difficukt the process can be for a average user.
    :mrgreen: I think you are right, maybe complicated for the not so techie person. And did your HTC update work? I have thought of unlocking my phone, but really its nearly 3 years old, maybe i should get a new one. Or shall we move this to general conversation???

Avinash Guest

:mrgreen: I think you are right, maybe complicated for the not so techie person. And did your HTC update work? I have thought of unlocking my phone, but really its nearly 3 years old, maybe i should get a new one. Or shall we move this to general conversation???
    Well, yes flashing HTC worked always after i got hold of right files needed for flashing.

The thread looks OK here as its a bit technical but not fall in general category. I may make a sub forum for mobiles if its required but later on.

Cool did flashing unlock your HTC?

And did you hear about Nokia 5233?
    It has a touch screen,3G and Wi Fi
    Costs around 7800 or 8000rs.
    My k530i was 8500rs when i bought it and it isnt exactly a great phone

Avinash Guest

Cool did flashing unlock your HTC?
    Mine was unlocked right from the start. I flashed it for upgrading OS only.

Regarding other phone models, I dont have much idea.

Alright,

Will ask my team mates, maybe one of them bought it already.