Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Enhance your Firefox with add-ons

Enhance your Firefox with add-ons

Enhance your Firefox with the best add-ons

All of these add-ons can be downloaded from addons.mozilla.org

Fastestfox: The best ever firefox add-on.
    Click on the address bar and type a word, it automatically searches for the website and gives a dropdown list of matching websites to choose from.
    It also loads the next page automatically when you scroll down to the bottom. Makes surfing easier and faster

Skip screen: This add-on is a must have for users who wish to download files from rapid share or mega upload and similar sites.
    It does not remove the timer from websites that make you wait. But it skips unnecessary pages on sites like Rapidshare, now you
    dont have click through ad-laden pages and wait for countdowns.

Tab mix plus: Undo closed tabs or windows,restore sessions and manage tab options. Excellent tool

Tiny menu: Combines the menu bar into a single dropdown menu. Very neat and handy

Flashblock: Annoyed with flash websites? This addon will prevent any flash objects from loading.Including youtube videos, if you want to view the flash object, just click on the F button that appears over the object.

Easy youtube video downloader and Fast youtube downloader: Both the add-ons can be used to download videos from youtube in various formats.
    ***Note: There is a trick to download youtube videos without an add-on.
    Click on the address bar and replace y in youtube with 3 and hit enter, For example: if the original link is
    Code:
    http://www.youtube.com/sdfygfsydfsld
    , Replacing y with 3 would be
    Code:
    http://www.3outube.com/sdfygfsydfsld
    You will be taken to a page with download options for the video. But you can only download in FLV and MP4, if you want to download in different formats try the above two add-ons.

Re: Enhance your Firefox with add-ons

Everybody has their favorite addons. I have a habit of going through those I use and uninstalling anything I haven't needed for a while. Running FF 3.6, I have:

Adblock Plus
    Flashblock
    Optimize google
    Pixlr Grabber (Web-based photo editor and FF addon. Works like Photoshop)
    Secure Login
    Session Manager

Avinash Guest

Quote Originally Posted by OldElmerFudd
    Adblock Plus
    Flashblock
    Optimize google
    Pixlr Grabber (Web-based photo editor and FF addon. Works like Photoshop)
    Secure Login
    Session Manager
    Pixlr grabber was new to me. Its looking great. May be I can make a small post on this. :P

I don't really go for a lot of addons but do have a couple...

Downloadhelper> great for grabbing video or music

Glasser> Adds glass around firefox window

Adblock plus> of course

febe backup>for backing up all my settings and favorite addons

IMtranslator>translating language

Flashgot>Download all links etc..

Pixlr grabber> already mentioned

Ok, so maybe I do have more than a few after all. Didn't seem like it until I wrote them out. Oh, and my theme is "Gradient icool" Black and blue theme matches my whole PC setup.

Avinash Guest

Quote Originally Posted by PChammer
    Oh, and my theme is "Gradient icool" Black and blue theme matches my whole PC setup.
    I have tried themes many times but i end up reverting back to default theme.

RE: Enhance your Firefox with add-ons

Some updates of my favorite Add-ons: (I use many add-ons, sometimes i disable them and try new ones)

Anyway here goes,

Paste Email (original):
    A cool add-on which can be used to fill up text in forms with a right-click.
    Note:Once installed, go to add-ons and select Paste email and click on options, enter the email addresses or usernames or your physical mailing address in the text boxes.
    Now you can use them at any time, for signing in to your accounts or signing up for any website without the hassle of typing.

DownThemAll A download manager that is actually integrated IN firefox, easy to use and incredibly fast.Comes with a download manager too.
    Supports pause/resume.Just right click on the source link from where the file has to be downloaded and start the download with DownThemAll.

Fission: Shows a progress bar in your address bar, yes yes they copied it from Apple Safari. Quite cool looking.

Webmail Notifier:
    One of the best add-ons, manage all your email accounts from one place. Now you dont even have to login to your account to check if a new mail has arrived. Install this, and disable auto-login for webmail notifier at the add-on's screen.

Enter your email address and password for any email service, you can enter multiple addresses for each mail service, but only one in each mail service can be selected as default. Eg: If you have 2 yahoo accounts, 1 hotmail account and 3 gmail accounts, only 1 can be default for gmail and yahoo.
    This little add-on sits on the status bar and notifies you with a small pop up when a mail arrives

Better Privacy: Deletes flash cookies, and non deletable cookies from sites like youtube or ebay, Google. Very useful to keep your tracks clean.

These addons are on my compulsory list.
    Flashblock
    Adblock Plus (I browse efficiently, without those flash ads that eat my bandwidth)

Some interesting addons that I came across are
    iMacros
    Photobucket
    Y!Slow (Firebug)

Fastest Fox and Skip screen are interesting. I'll give them a try.

Avinash Guest

Great to hear everyone favorite :P. May be I can compile a list of Avinashtech Members favorite Addons and make it a post on the blog.

Adblock Plus - A No brainer

Adblock Plus Element Hiding Helper - Adds functionality to Adblock Plus

Download Helper - Invaluable

FastestFox - Probably one of the all around best add-ons out there

Febe - A must have for backups

Keyscrambler - Protection against key loggers

LastPass - A great add on that goes way beyond the normal password manager

Personal Menu - Add your most used menu items to one button and hide the menu bar forever

Read It Later - Rather than bookmark things you want to read with this addon, easy to add to the list and just as easy to remove when your finished reading.

WOT - A trustworthy add on that at least alerts you when approaching a bad site.

My current list of add-ons in Flock (a clone of Firefox 3.0)

Security:
    Better Privacy
    PC tools Browser Defender
    No script
    WOT

Download helpers:
    Fast youtube downloader
    Firedownload
    Flashgot
    Netvideohunter
    Skipscreen

Miscellaneous:

Fastest fox
    Paste email original
    URL shrink easy
    IE tab

I also edited about:config settings to make flock load pages faster :-P
    Last edited by Ashwin; 14-03-10 at 11:28 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast